Diego Maradona

Yep, 60 for a big boozer who had a brush with death from coke use a few years ago is not bad. He had his warnings but just like George Best he didn't take his second chance, RIP.
George Best who also coincidentally died on November 25.

He gets linked with being a cheat for that goal, but how many players cheat every single week, diving to win penalties? No different to me. Also you never hear Thierry Henry constantly called a cheat every time his name is mentioned for exactly the same thing.

exactly, and we’re all hypocrites at the end of the day, if a hammers player does a dive to win a penalty against spurs I jump and down cheering.

The greatest of all time.
Had the privilege of seeing him twice when he was at Napoli.
I remember thinking he was making things nobody else could do look easy.
Ridiculous talent.
Vilified for that handball but I wonder how many would have owed up to it and asked the ref to cancel the goal...
Rest in peace Diego.

I though for a moment is was city are going to sign him thread, he may be a bit past it but it makes sense commercially etc like Messi.

Rip - would have been even better today with protection. Hated by the English and Italian media for beating them at world cups, but that makes him more of a hero.

That documentary on him is an excellent piece
Personally, I'm completely over that handball now.
The guy was an amazing player.

R.I.P. Diego

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.