Diego Simeone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attached from The Independent:

Manchester City deny making 'huge offer' for Diego Simeone, who extends stay with Atletico Madrid
Tuesday 24 March 2015

Manchester City have denied making an offer to, or being interested in, Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone.

With City looking set to go trophyless this season, there has been plenty of talk of late about the prospect of manager Manuel Pellegrini being replaced in the summer.

Simeone - who Atletico on Tuesday confirmed had signed a new contract with them through to 2020 - had been among those mentioned as a potential successor.

And on the latest edition of Sky Sports' Revista de La Liga programme, Spanish journalist Guillem Balague claimed the Argentinian would be staying on with his current employers despite having had a "huge offer" from City.

However, City sources have categorically denied to Press Association Sport that the club made a bid for Simeone's services or that they are interested in the 44-year-old.

Since Simeone took charge at Atletico in 2011, the trophies they have won include the Europa League and Primera Division, and they have also reached the Champions League final.

Chilean Pellegrini guided City to the Premier League title, victory in the Capital One Cup final and the club's first-ever participation in the Champions League knock-out rounds last season, his first term in the job.

Since then they have suffered a second successive last-16 exit in the continental competition, and in the Premier League - their last hope of silverware in 2014-15 - they are currently second, six points behind Chelsea, who have a game in hand.

PA

r.soleofsalford said:
yes especially after all the money he`s spent on new players

New players don't gel overnight. You get your plumbing sorted before you install gold taps. Besides, how many players did he himself sign? Did he get the players he wanted?

peoffrey said:
r.soleofsalford said:
yes especially after all the money he`s spent on new players

New players don't gel overnight. You get your plumbing sorted before you install gold taps. Besides, how many players did he himself sign? Did he get the players he wanted?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/12/31/7528792/simeone-never-asks-for-anything-but-he-asked-for-torres" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... for-torres</a>

The Spanish Ball Bag claims that MCFC have made a 'Huge Offer'.

I really hate the international breaks.

bluechampion7891 said:
peoffrey said:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2014/12/31/7528792/simeone-never-asks-for-anything-but-he-asked-for-torres" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer ... for-torres</a>

They were the team he supported as a boy. He'd have signed for them had I been the manager.

No mention of Chelsea making contact with him as their first choice over Mourinho before he returned then?......thought not

More made up bullshit to try and kick us whilst we're down

I'm delighted he won't be coming here. He's got a volatile personality and I could easily see the similar Mancini fireworks coming.

peoffrey said:
I'm delighted he won't be coming here. He's got a volatile personality and I could easily see the similar Mancini fireworks coming.

I think Mancini is a pussy cat compared to this guy. I'm not a huge fan of our current manager but I'd prefer him to stay over Simeone.

The thing is if we were top of the league these links just wouldn't be happening, it's international break and as International football is fucking dire they have nothing else to shout about. It's quite funny how Ballbag and Hunter have come out and said things about us concerning Simeone and a bid for Ronaldo.. both on the same panel on the La Liga show.

From what I've read Simeone doesn't sound like the sort of manager our guys would appoint, he's got no reason to leave Atletico either with new investment coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.