Different generations & relationships

Worzel Gummidge#9

My son has been in a relationship with the same girl for 4 years and they have a 2 year old daughter together (My granddaughter). Yesterday evening he called me after work to say they've decided to part ways "as it wasn't' working anymore" after a lengthy chat with him it sounds as though she's instigated the split but there's no real reasoning behind it, no cheating or anything like that. Bearing in mind I only found out yesterday my sons now ex is already discussing what access etc my son will have with his daughter!

The question is why can't the younger generation stick with it and at least try and work things out, nothing is perfect and rosy all the time!

It seems so common these days compared with older generations!

My son has been in a relationship with the same girl for 4 years and they have a 2 year old daughter together (My granddaughter). Yesterday evening he called me after work to say they've decided to part ways "as it wasn't' working anymore" after a lengthy chat with him it sounds as though she's instigated the split but there's no real reasoning behind it, no cheating or anything like that. Bearing in mind I only found out yesterday my sons now ex is already discussing what access etc my son will have with his daughter!

The question is why can't the younger generation stick with it and at least try and work things out, nothing is perfect and rosy all the time!

It seems so common these days compared with older generations!

Bloody sad. Maybe I am old fashioned but when you have kids you should try and try to stay together and be a family. Hope he gets to see his kid ok and you do too.

There may be things that come out when the weeks go by. No one should stay in a unhappy relationship it makes for unhappy children and eventually you begin to hate each other.

Is that so?

Yes in my opinion. I agree with the op. You should really try and make it work if you have kids.

Better to bring them up together and be as stable as possible and work at it. Think people give up too easily.

Bloody sad. Maybe I am old fashioned but when you have kids you should try and try to stay together and be a family. Hope he gets to see his kid ok and you do too.

A relationship is worth fighting for and more so if you have kids but ultimately being unhappy in a relationship will take its toll on children so it is better to part ways but have a relationship where the kids still see both parents.

A relationship is worth fighting for and more so if you have kids but ultimately being unhappy in a relationship will take its toll on children so it is better to part ways but have a relationship where the kids still see both parents.

Yes agreed but I have missed out sharing bringing up two of my kids with their mum. Step parenting is a fucking minefield.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.