Different generations & relationships

I’ve been with my wife nearly 20 years and I bet we’ve both been unhappy at some stage. Relationships will only work if both people try to make it work and accept it’s not all hearts and flowers. Having kids straight away hardly never bodes well.

I take it you're currently single....
I'm scarred by my mum being controlled by my vile dad because her generation couldn't leave their husbands,us kids left at 16/17 but she wasn't free till he died,she has never married again as she thinks all men are like that,nearly 90 now and lonely.Our kids are independant and should not waste their lives if they are not happy

I'm scarred by my mum being controlled by my vile dad because her generation couldn't leave their husbands,us kids left at 16/17 but she wasn't free till he died,she has never married again as she thinks all men are like that,nearly 90 now and lonely.Our kids are independant and should not waste their lives if they are not happy

I had a brutal father who regularly battered my Mum. She finally kicked him out when I was about 10 and me and my sister were brought up both in extreme poverty and in chaos as my Mum had a severe mental illness and died when she was 45. However that doesnt mean I'm like my father or relationships are mainly like her abusive one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.