Differing transfer clauses.

Xhavenjoe

We seem to have a few differing deals in place for players

Douglas Luiz - Optional buy back clause with an agreed fee

Jack Harrison - Loan with an agreed obligation for Leeds to buy.

Angelino - Loan with an agreed fee with an option to buy

Sancho - Sold with an agreed percentage of any further sell on fee

What is the best option if any?

Jack Harrison and Angelino look to have a low sale value put on them.

The widely speculated £8m for Harrison and £18m for Angelino is an absolute joke. But no doubt someone will be along to claim it as ‘smart business’
To be fair, I know we turned down offers over 50m for them. Txiki just intentionally wanted to fuck us over.

As good as any place for this.

Neil Lennon says Jeremie Frimpong is close to leaving Celtic and is currently abroad speaking to an unnamed club.

Frimpong expressed a desire to leave Celtic "six or seven weeks ago" according to Lennon, who revealed the Premiership champions have received a "really robust offer" for the 20-year-old.

We sold him for £350,000 rising to a million (he's been excellent for them so should have paid the full whack). We've also got a 30% sell on clause which is hopefully still valid.

Edit: we sold in him Sept 2019 so perhaps we didn't get the full million depending on what it entailed.

2nd Edit: Bayer Leverkusen appear to be the club in for him.

Last edited:
The widely speculated £8m for Harrison and £18m for Angelino is an absolute joke. But no doubt someone will be along to claim it as ‘smart business’
I guess it depends how much we received in loan fees and saved in wages
It would be interesting to know the cost of total package for both players
ie sale at full market value and loan and sale

Whatever we get is a bonus really. These players are mostly not at our level, some might have forced there way in (Sancho) but you never know. I think many need to drop down and start playing.

The fact these deals are legally sound is a good start. How many times did clubs have an 'option to buy' or 'first refusal' that was based on nod and a wink (and possibly a backhander). Times have moved on and contracts are very complex. We seem to be doing a decent job of getting something out of the better players that move on.

I usually prefer the Real Madrid strategy of sell but with a low buyback fee agreed.

If the player does well either buy them back and keep them or buy them back and sell at a profit.

If the move doesn’t work out you’ve already got your transfer fee for them and the player is off the books and someone else’s problem.

I usually prefer the Real Madrid strategy of sell but with a low buyback fee agreed.

If the player does well either buy them back and keep them or buy them back and sell at a profit.

If the move doesn’t work out you’ve already got your transfer fee for them and the player is off the books and someone else’s problem.
The player still has to agree to come back in the first place though, which if it's purely to sell again they may not want.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.