Digital Tickets

Could you just do a screenshot of the ticket and share it with a mate if you're not going?

Could you just do a screenshot of the ticket and share it with a mate if you're not going?
I could be wrong but it will be Near Field Communication (NFC) rather than a QR code which will need to be read. So it'll be like paying for goods with your phone, it just needs to be held around 5cm away from the reader. You won't even need to open the associated app/wallet just have your phone turned on and unlocked.

if they are not sending out cards,
where am i going to get my Confetti and laces and my 20th scarf

At the Everton game I had the e-ticket on my phone and NFC turned on but neither the handheld scanner on Joe Mercer way nor the turnstile could communicate with the phone.
The ticket had a "show code" feature and once pressed this was recognised, implying the scanners and turnstiles can read the embedded QR code.
Not a single scanner worked for us. They let us through the gate to the campus after a long wait along with other people. At the turnstile they eventually just opened the gates and let us in. There was effectively no proper security check at all. The stewards told us it was a shambles. City later said the system had been a success.

Jesus fucking Christ. Half of you lot would still have us paying for pints in shillings and sixpences.

Some things went wrong at the test event v Everton. That's fine. It was a *test event*. The idea is to work out things that need improving and improve them before the season starts.

Mobile ticketing and payments work seamlessly in every other part of life, there's no reason why they won't at football.

I could be wrong but it will be Near Field Communication (NFC) rather than a QR code which will need to be read. So it'll be like paying for goods with your phone, it just needs to be held around 5cm away from the reader. You won't even need to open the associated app/wallet just have your phone turned on and unlocked.
Open access via NFC to a locked phone, I would have thought the app/wallet would need to be active/open for security purposes

Jesus fucking Christ. Half of you lot would still have us paying for pints in shillings and sixpences.

Some things went wrong at the test event v Everton. That's fine. It was a *test event*. The idea is to work out things that need improving and improve them before the season starts.

Mobile ticketing and payments work seamlessly in every other part of life, there's no reason why they won't at football.
Technology isn't the answer to every problem; and in this case I'm not sure we really have a problem.

Continue with the card based system as the default but provide the option for the new system for those that want it.

At the Everton game I had the e-ticket on my phone and NFC turned on but neither the handheld scanner on Joe Mercer way nor the turnstile could communicate with the phone.
The ticket had a "show code" feature and once pressed this was recognised, implying the scanners and turnstiles can read the embedded QR code.
I turned up an hour before the game as was asked. My ticket was sent to my Google pay wallet. It seemed pretty fool proof at first till i tried scanning the ticket and It wouldn't let me in. A steward noticed this and I was told to try again, so i did. Then i must have tried it 6 or 7 times on various turnstiles, still wouldn't let me in. Over 10 minutes later the head steward gave up and let me in using his swipe card.

This was for a game of only 20000. Imagine the chaos when there's a full stadium, no don't, sort it out City, not good!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.