Dinamo Zagreb (a) post-match thread

Strange team this one, at present. Which is the real City?
Didn't see one second of this match (too busy). Looked at the highlights this morning, but you can never really trust them. Just out of curiosity: how good was Phil, really? According to the OS, the papers have been waxing lyrical about him this morning (funnily enough, the OS report itself was fairly measured, describing him simply as ‘industrious’). Try to be objective. More importantly to me, actually: how good was Eric Garcia? Is this lad the real deal? Because that's where we've got a problem. We've got a wealth of riches in midfield, alas for Phil (until the end of the season).

Phil was far too good for Dinamo, but as I've said before, we won't find a Dinamo in the top half of the PL. Eric was comfortable all night, but Dinamo were not good enough to make him uncomfortable. But we can't have any complaints about either, or any of the others because we steamrollered Zagreb. The question is not whether they're good enough, but rather are they good enough to keep other players in the squad out of the team...

We were talking about mendy

The original poster ws talkign about Gundogan (who he said should have played in the derby) - i said it wouldnt have made a difference.....same could have been said of Mendy - and my reply would have been the same as well.

To be balanced, Mendy in the second half last night was better - but he has a long way to go before I am convicned....even before his injuries for me he was a defensive liability....going forward he was decent - he seems to have lost that as well until last night (though against average opponents)

For me, both Mendy and Gundogan (amongst others) need to start stepping up regularly (ie every week)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.