Disappointed With Dunninho

A A

Anonymous

A tad upset with the Ireland's own Brito in the Daily Mail. No need to be having a pop at us son, just move on; new club, new start and all that:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1221576/Defender-Richard-Dunne-praises-priceless-Aston-Villa-team-spirit.html?ITO=1490" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... l?ITO=1490</a>

"Richard Dunne has taken a swipe at his old club Manchester City by claiming money cannot buy the team spirit he is enjoying at Aston Villa.

The former City captain made an acrimonious exit from Eastlands on transfer deadline day, accusing chief executive Garry Cook of stabbing him in the back.
Dunne also warned that although the spirit among City’s expensively assembled squad may be strong while the team is doing well, there was no guarantee that would be the case when the going got tough."

It's just a banal comment, mate.

Players always talk about the spirit in the camp being good, even when it obviously isn't.

Dagnabbit! Just spotted there is already a thread about this from The Fixer.

My apologies everyone.

The Republic of Ireland defender said: ‘People are always going on about the bigger clubs who have spent a lot more money.

'But it is all down to the attitude of the players — and the attitude here is second to none. You can’t buy what we’ve got here.

'From day one the dressing room has been brilliant.’

Not having a dig in the slightest. Obviously money can't buy team spirit. Luckily for us we seem to have it as the number of equalisers we've scored this season is testimony to.

Esteban de la Sexface said:
probably a loaded question from a journalist.

If the mail said the sky was blue I'd have to look up and check for myself

I like it, that sums them up!

The journos are looking for the angle whereby Dunne turns on his old club, it makes more of a story. But Dunne has already shown in the way he handled the transfer and the recent game (and goal) that he has respect for City and I think the feeling is mutual.

clearly shows city fans misplaced loyalty to dunne.

players appear to be most loyal to their latest paymasters, I for one think we as fans should show exactly the same loyalty and the minute a player leaves the club they should not be treated any better than any other opposition player.

if they come back and visit after they have finished playing ie the goat that is the time to thank them for any service they may have given the club and definately not when they are playing against us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.