"Disappointing" attendances

JOGAMIGMOG

Team supported
Manchester City, England and Levante Union Deportiva
Pep's had a dig today, not for the first time either.
I know the club read Bluemoon.
The facts are we have a low match-day income when compared to other top six clubs. I'd class our fan base as the same as Newcastle. I'd like to see their match-day income. It's probably on a par. We're up against London and two giants of Liverpool and United who have had 40 + years of success to build a country-wide fanbase whilst we literally dive bombed to the third division.
But we've had ten years of success now. Our attendances have never been as high since the 1930's so why is Pep unhappy? His beloved Barca don't sell out every week. Moreover, they only get 50k some games - less than us!
If he was Barca manager there is no way he would have a dig at their attendances, would he?
Anyway, the point of this long post is when you've got Fulham fans singing 'Your ground's too big for you' it's embarrassing. Today's crowd was disappointing for sure when compared to crowds we've been getting but when compared to other FA Cup crowds we've had in my 52 years of being alive I reckon today's crowd stacks up amongst any 4th round ties we've had. Up the Blues.

Never any comments when we get among the best in the cup What did anyone expect today? Lunch time kick off on a Sunday, live on terrestrial TV, a game last weekend, a far more important one on Wednesday with a ECL game with excessive prices coming up soon

Last edited:
English isn't Pep's first language. I think the media sometimes lead him into answering these questions like this and he probably doesn't mean it as a dig at the fans. Then they jump on it and try and make it sound worse than it is. They are total scum and cannot resist any chance to have a go at our club and supporters

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.