Discuss Pellegrini...(cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am feeling very, very opportunistic about this weekend don't know why but I do.
Of all the things I want to see this season apart from us winning the title in spectacular style like the 11/12 is seeing our poor old Manager getting the just rewards for making our club a better place. He is special but if City win it this year, it will get us on a level like never before, I believe we can be more successful than united forget about the 20th etc. Pellegrini is special and I love how he has turned things around no matter the outcome at the end of season even if we no title, he deserves all the respect from everyone on here especially this goes to mancini innners! In all honesty, I will make this short, this club is destined for greatness and Silva I hope he makes it this weekend, he has all the potential to rival iniesta this summer in the world cup but if only the lad can find his shooting boots!

x

johnson28392 said:
Dribble said:
johnson28392 said:
I wouldn't have it as the primary formation but maybe as a secondary option. We've been a one trick pony this season. 4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1 are the same for me.

Liverpool might win the title this season and if you analyze their season you'll find that they've used more than one formation (4-2-2-2, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 diamond, 3-4-3, 3-5-2) .. this is how they got so many points .. when they find a game difficult, they just switch to a different formation to get gain more control or to be better defensively.

Everton is another club that utilizes a variety of formations, they've won so many points this season because of that.

His best position is off the main striker. But I think he can play in a narrow 4-3-3 or behind the two strikers in a 4-4-2 diamond.

We'd be sound in defense and get a lot of control in midfield but unfortunately 4-3-3 brings the worse out of Aguero who's like our star man, the player whom the club want to build a team around. Navas , Milner and Nasri would be isolated too and I don't think they like to be isolated.

Don't you think being more compact as a team where attacking & Defending is concerned will stop them from being isolated? This is what I've seen of us playing an out and out 4-4-2 as in when we played Bayern and Sunderland both at home where the 2 attackers were stood on the halfway line whilst we were under pressure.

Navas, Milner & Nasri don't play as attackers but, I've always believed we're at our best when we play as a compact unit because when we play further away from each other, we can get swamped in midfield and have to play long balls to bring the strikers into play.

I saw this interesting article earlier which certainly raises some of the issues we've discussed in terms of tactic's etc.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/04/24/4772113/-

Yes, it would stop them from being isolated. A narrow 4-3-3 could work. Navas wouldn't fit in because can't play as a inward winger. But I also think that the front three have to be capable of scoring goals and I don't know if Milner and Nasri can do that. Mancini actually wanted to play with three forwards after our title winning season, that's why he wanted Van Persie. Imagine a forward line of Aguero, Van Persie and Tevez.

Yeah I think a narrow 4-3-3 can work.

It would have to look likes this:

980192_Football_Manager_Team.jpg

It's how PSG play. They do it with Zlatan , Cavani and I think Lavezzi or Pastore.
Yes I agree that could work. I'm not adverse to having two strikers, it's losing control of the midfield I don't like so for me I'd happily sacrifice one out and out striker for a No 10 deep lying striker/attacking midfielder. My main worry would be out wide, your diagram looks like a closed motorway lane and if I was the opposition that would look like the route of least resistance to me and would put serious pressure on Kolorov and Zabaleta to stay put and defend in case they are doubled up on.

I suppose our formation issues would be settled overnight if we had Bale and Ronaldo on the either side of Aguero as that front 3 as that would frighten any team to death, but I reckon a front three of Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic wouldn't allow any opponent to sleep much easier anyway. :-)

Dribble said:
johnson28392 said:
Dribble said:
Don't you think being more compact as a team where attacking & Defending is concerned will stop them from being isolated? This is what I've seen of us playing an out and out 4-4-2 as in when we played Bayern and Sunderland both at home where the 2 attackers were stood on the halfway line whilst we were under pressure.

Navas, Milner & Nasri don't play as attackers but, I've always believed we're at our best when we play as a compact unit because when we play further away from each other, we can get swamped in midfield and have to play long balls to bring the strikers into play.

I saw this interesting article earlier which certainly raises some of the issues we've discussed in terms of tactic's etc.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2014/04/24/4772113/-

Yes, it would stop them from being isolated. A narrow 4-3-3 could work. Navas wouldn't fit in because can't play as a inward winger. But I also think that the front three have to be capable of scoring goals and I don't know if Milner and Nasri can do that. Mancini actually wanted to play with three forwards after our title winning season, that's why he wanted Van Persie. Imagine a forward line of Aguero, Van Persie and Tevez.

Yeah I think a narrow 4-3-3 can work.

It would have to look likes this:

980192_Football_Manager_Team.jpg

It's how PSG play. They do it with Zlatan , Cavani and I think Lavezzi or Pastore.
Yes I agree that could work. I'm not adverse to having two strikers, it's losing control of the midfield I don't like so for me I'd happily sacrifice one out and out striker for a No 10 deep lying striker/attacking midfielder. My main worry would be out wide, your diagram looks like a closed motorway lane and if I was the opposition that would look like the route of least resistance to me and would put serious pressure on Kolorov and Zabaleta to stay put and defend in case they are doubled up on.

I suppose our formation issues would be settled overnight if we had Bale and Ronaldo on the either side of Aguero as that front 3 as that would frighten any team to death, but I reckon a front three of Aguero, Negredo and Jovetic wouldn't allow any opponent to sleep much easier anyway. :-)

The fullbacks have the freedom to attack. They provide the width. When you lose the ball you first try to win the ball high up the pitch, if you can't , the formation collapses into a 4-1-4-1, if the wide forwards can't defend you could be in trouble.

Going forward, the football is very fluid , it's easy to keep the ball and circulate it ..it's almost impossible to lose possession. If you're a midfielder, there's always options, there's always someone you could pass it to..and upfront you got your agile and technical strikers that can combine to create goals.

As for Bale and Ronaldo, none of these two are technical enough to play centrally.

Blueroses said:
I am feeling very, very opportunistic about this weekend don't know why but I do.
Of all the things I want to see this season apart from us winning the title in spectacular style like the 11/12 is seeing our poor old Manager getting the just rewards for making our club a better place. He is special but if City win it this year, it will get us on a level like never before, I believe we can be more successful than united forget about the 20th etc. Pellegrini is special and I love how he has turned things around no matter the outcome at the end of season even if we no title, he deserves all the respect from everyone on here especially this goes to mancini innners! In all honesty, I will make this short, this club is destined for greatness and Silva I hope he makes it this weekend, he has all the potential to rival iniesta this summer in the world cup but if only the lad can find his shooting boots!

x

Fingers crossed. Pool losses and we win our next four games. Would be typical city winning the league in the last minutes :)

lol at this thread. we are MILES away from where we should be. we've had money long enough now to be much further up the football ladder than we are. I'd even say we are going backwards. the sad thing is its there for the taking, it was from the moment we won the league. We've managed to tread water since. evidence of this was scrimping over a few quid and so missing our targets in January.

cue the deluded.

de niro said:
lol at this thread. we are MILES away from where we should be. we've had money long enough now to be much further up the football ladder than we are. I'd even say we are going backwards. the sad thing is its there for the taking, it was from the moment we won the league. We've managed to tread water since. evidence of this was scrimping over a few quid and so missing our targets in January.

cue the deluded.

In a sense we did start to decline when we won the league. Mancini wanted to bring in a few players .. e.g. De Rossi and Van Persie .. these players would be play a vital role in the next season .. but he wasn't supported and instead he was given Rodwell, Sinclair etc..Meanwhile top players like De Jong departed .

We failed to get results and subsequently the players turned on Mancini as if he was to blame for everything. We will find out in the next few weeks wether it was wise to sack Mancini or not.

johnson28392 said:
de niro said:

cue the deluded.

In a sense we did start to decline when we won the league. Mancini wanted to bring in a few players .. e.g. De Rossi and Van Persie .. these players would be play a vital role in the next season .. but he wasn't supported and instead he was given Rodwell, Sinclair etc..Meanwhile top players like De Jong departed .

We failed to get results and subsequently the players turned on Mancini as if he was to blame for everything. We will find out in the next few weeks wether it was wise to sack Mancini or not.
The Wrathmobile's gonna mow you down boy.

johnson28392 said:
de niro said:

cue the deluded.

exactly how I see it. what an opportunity we have spurned. or at best delayed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.