Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:
BillyShears said:
Got no idea what point you're trying to make. You asked a question, I answered it. The fact you didn't like the answer doesn't mean my answer was disingenuous. I told you what I thought, simple.

I've got no problem with anyone who's genuinely concerned and manages to express that concern with some level of intelligence. But as I've said there are posters in this thread who had made their minds up about Pellegrini before he was appointed. I won't be taking anything they post seriously.

When are we allowed to make up our minds then

You've already made your mind up ... :)
I've been very underwhelmed by our pre season displays and the season so far. It's not been good to watch at all billy. I think I was excited when he came but he's not really impressed me and I wish I could see it changing.

BillyShears said:
dancity19 said:
Is it time to expect a bit more from the players then. We blamed Mancini. But as this is so unlike a Pellegrini time, perhaps it's time for the players to properly step up.

The discussion about our players is an interesting one. My opinion hasn't changed since last season, I think the players have the required technical ability and mental strength to flourish. What they need is the right motivation and stimulation. Four games in, I'm not about to start thinking "hmmm, maybe the players are shit/don't care etc" because I just don't believe it.

We are trying to play differently to the way we played under Mancini. This change is one which is clearly taking more time to implement than some people would like.

i don't believe that either. But I guess it might have to be considered. I constantly blamed Mancini for not getting the most out of his squad. When a new manager comes in you see an instant improvement in players attitudes/effort for a few games, then this cools off. We haven't really seen that.

New tactics take time to implement, definitely, and anyone writing Pellegrini off now would be ridiculous. BUT, there may come a time where we either A: question the players commitment or B: do we overrate some of our players, and are they as good as we believe they are.

Not saying we are there yet, a the new ideas will take time to settle in.

deano ou812 said:
jrb said:
Just watched goals on Sunday.

Pulis and Reid both stated without hesitation that our build up play/play is far too slow and it allows other teams to get back into position.

Perhaps it's just me, but wasn't that the same complaint about Mancini and his tactics?

When Pelegrini came I was expecting La Liga style footbal. Fast/high tempo, and turning the ball over quickly. Exactly like the performance against Bayern Munich.

Instead City/Pelegrini seems to..........
Watching it as well,what they were saying is spot on,how have we went from first game of season against newcastle high tempo/pressing to what we have seen in the last three,injuries and tired players coming back from internationals are no excuse....

Agree about tired players not an excuse but Cardiff and Stoke came after international breaks that hurt us more than the opposition and give the coaches little time with the players before the game.

deano ou812 said:
jrb said:

Pulis and Reid both stated without hesitation that our build up play/play is far too slow and it allows other teams to get back into position.

Perhaps it's just me, but wasn't that the same complaint about Mancini and his tactics?

When Pelegrini came I was expecting La Liga style footbal. Fast/high tempo, and turning the ball over quickly. Exactly like the performance against Bayern Munich.

Watching it as well,what they were saying is spot on,how have we went from first game of season against newcastle high tempo/pressing to what we have seen in the last three,injuries and tired players coming back from internationals are no excuse....
Really? What more do you want? Two sendings off before you acknowledge the problems the team face

strongbowholic said:
No, no, no. We simply need to revert back to how we played last season and the season before defensively. System all the players were comfortable with, knew inside and out and paid dividends. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Two seasons on the trot best defence in the prem (zonal marking) so why has he changed it I don't understand if it ain't broke why why fix it? It doesn't fill me with confidence in anything he maybe trying to do

bobmcfc said:
he's not really impressed me and I wish I could see it changing.

Like I said, then you've made your mind up after 4 games.

BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
Am I mistaken for thinking that there is quite a bit more sympathy for injuries under Pellegrini than under Mancini from certain parties? I'm quite sure that injuries were used as a stick to beat Mancini with last season as once again it proved his ineptitude to adapt and to fully utilise his very expensive squad. Now, if Kompany's out, as he was more than once last season - starting 68.4% of last season's league games compared to 81.5% the season before and 97.3% the season before that, apparently this is just bad luck and says nothing about Pellegrini's ability to utilise his even more expensive squad? I definitely think there is a disparity there. I think I detect the smell of egoism once again.

Mancini sacked the medical staff who were largely responsible for keeping our players fit and injury free during our title winning season.

These are the medical staff who put Aguero out with burnt skin aren't they?

dancity19 said:
It's a very simplistic argument, granted, but no matter how much more competitive the league might be, having spent the best part of £100m on already top squad, a squad that came second last season, FA cup final, and won the league the season before, and a new better manager, we shouldn't be struggling as much as we have done in the last 3 games.
I don't think it is simplistic at all, its fact, whether you are Pellegrini, or Moyes, or Mourinho, or Ancelotti, or Gaurdiola, you will be excused poor performances so long as you get the results, but you won't be excused the results even if the team performs well. Results wise there are no honeymoon periods at this level.

We're 4 games in, and performances, by and large, have been poor, but we still have 7 points out of 12, only have conceded goals in 1 of the 4 matches, despite having a "makeshift" defence, and are only 2 points off the lead, and that is why, so far anyway, the media have laid off Pellegrini, but if and/or as soon as we fall behind, the knives will be out, and once they get a head of steam a manager comes under enormous pressure in the premier league.

We are now supposed to be one of the elite clubs, and changing managers an/or players will not be allowed to be an excuse for failure.

Its a big week this one, we will be expected to perform in europe on Tuesday, and then we have the derby next weekend, a game we can't afford to lose in my opinion, even at this early stage of the season.

Marvin said:
deano ou812 said:
jrb said:

Really? What more do you want? Two sendings off before you acknowledge the problems the team face
No,but pellegrini rattled out tired players and injuries its the same old chestnut from managers when they know fine rightly their team has played shit...

spanishblue said:
strongbowholic said:
No, no, no. We simply need to revert back to how we played last season and the season before defensively. System all the players were comfortable with, knew inside and out and paid dividends. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Two seasons on the trot best defence in the prem (zonal marking) so why has he changed it I don't understand if it ain't broke why why fix it? It doesn't fill me with confidence in anything he maybe trying to do

First 4 games last season conceded 6, first clean sheet game 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.