Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freestyler said:
Only thing i want Pellegrini to do is react to the game quicker with subs, Milner for Nasri was a 65 minute sub.

We nearly left it too late again, apart from that no problems.

this is the problem i have aswell. manuel makes strange decisions sometimes.

garcia should not play as a CB, zabaleta should not be overlapping navas and sometimes we must play with one striker.

bluethunder said:
Freestyler said:
Only thing i want Pellegrini to do is react to the game quicker with subs, Milner for Nasri was a 65 minute sub.

We nearly left it too late again, apart from that no problems.

this is the problem i have aswell. manuel makes strange decisions sometimes.

garcia should not play as a CB, zabaleta should not be overlapping navas and sometimes we must play play with one striker.
Who would you want playing centre-back when Lescott is left footed and he and Nasty have been disastrous together?

Boyata is the only conceivable alternative and he lacks experience.

When Ferran Soriano was asked about what philosophy he wants to instill in the club he said beautiful football with 4-3-3.

Well ofcourse we are playing some lovely stuff but we are far from 4-3-3 and tiki taka stuff.

Pellegrini gambled on getting a win in Moscow, but if luck had been against us we could have drawn or lost.

I really don't know what the subs were all about - all were 'like for like' replacing our better players with inferior ones. I guess he must be 'lucky' to have come out of that unscathed. Under Mancini if we were in the lead with 20 mins to go the game would be shut down and we would not lose (only one exception to this in a competitive game from memory) under Pellegrini you just don't know what is going to happen. We need to score 3 away from home to be sure of a win and that is for certain.

Honestly I can't see us winning the Prem or getting much further than the last 16 in the CL without far better use of substitutes and tactics than were shown last night. For example, he revisited the high defensive line last night and it nearly cost us on three occasions.

So far, as you may gather, I am not particularly impressed.

We will see on Sunday if my fears are justified.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
we need Vinnie and Demi back to really see if this setup is going to work in a defensive sense.
The same thinking here, would be interesting to see them operate together in tandem .

BlueAnorak said:
Pellegrini gambled on getting a win in Moscow, but if luck had been against us we could have drawn or lost.

I really don't know what the subs were all about - all were 'like for like' replacing our better players with inferior ones. I guess he must be 'lucky' to have come out of that unscathed. Under Mancini if we were in the lead with 20 mins to go the game would be shut down and we would not lose (only one exception to this in a competitive game from memory) under Pellegrini you just don't know what is going to happen. We need to score 3 away from home to be sure of a win and that is for certain.

Honestly I can't see us winning the Prem or getting much further than the last 16 in the CL without far better use of substitutes and tactics than were shown last night. For example, he revisited the high defensive line last night and it nearly cost us on three occasions.

really - This guy is an improvement on Mancini football wise - some glaring misses last night - this would have been an easy stroll

BlueAnorak said:

He obviously went like for like to keep a bit of freshness about players who will start on Sunday, and to keep the system the same because we looked like we were going to score every time we attacked. He's clearly a very bold manager who thinks that if you are a better team you should stay on the front foot instead of inviting teams on.

crystal_mais said:
really - This guy is an improvement on Mancini football wise - some glaring misses last night - this would have been an easy stroll

For me it was a relatively easy stroll. CSKA deserved fuck all and got fuck all. All the ifs and buts about the chances they created are irrelevant unless you also acknowledge the sackful of chances we created to really kill the game off.

We're getting better with each passing match IMO, particularly as players like Negredo and Fernandinho find their feet in the starting XI.

I fear for Chelsea on Sunday. Those players know we have the beating of them, and more importantly, our players know they have the beating of them. I expect a win and for people to finally start sitting up and taking notice of the fact that we're the team comfortably the best equipped to win this league.

Didsbury Dave said:
BlueAnorak said:

He obviously went like for like to keep a bit of freshness about players who will start on Sunday, and to keep the system the same because we looked like we were going to score every time we attacked. He's clearly a very bold manager who thinks that if you are a better team you should stay on the front foot instead of inviting teams on.

DD my only concern is Chelsea will play on the counter. Would you play an extra midfielder and play Yaya in an advanced role with Negredo on the bench

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.