Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini

Cheesy said:
BobKowalski said:
Cheesy said:
It's far too early to say that Manuel is a poor appointment, of course it is.

When new players & a new manager arrive poor performances can happen (yes, even three in a row) whilst everyone gets used to each other and to the new approach.

However, for one reason alone I am concerned.... I have absolutely no idea what this new approach is and, dare I say it, so far it looks as though the team doesn't either. What exactly is Manuel trying to do? What formation is he trying to get us playing and what attitude is he trying to instill?

There are people on here who know a great deal more than me about football. I'd be really grateful if a few of you could give your opinion on what you think he's trying to do.

So in answer to your question I have no idea what Pellers is trying to do or why it seems to be so fiendishly difficult for the team to adopt.

Bugger! You were one of the ones I was holding out the most hope for BK :(

I agree. He will now realise that 4 difficult games a season in Spain is a bit different than no easy games. All we are missing is Kolo and Barry. We have nobody tidying up in midfield.<br /><br />-- Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:05 pm --<br /><br />
Cheesy said:
BobKowalski said:
Cheesy said:

When new players & a new manager arrive poor performances can happen (yes, even three in a row) whilst everyone gets used to each other and to the new approach.

However, for one reason alone I am concerned.... I have absolutely no idea what this new approach is and, dare I say it, so far it looks as though the team doesn't either. What exactly is Manuel trying to do? What formation is he trying to get us playing and what attitude is he trying to instill?

There are people on here who know a great deal more than me about football. I'd be really grateful if a few of you could give your opinion on what you think he's trying to do.

So in answer to your question I have no idea what Pellers is trying to do or why it seems to be so fiendishly difficult for the team to adopt.

I agree. He will now realise that 4 difficult games a season in Spain is a bit different than no easy games. All we are missing is Kolo and Barry. We have nobody tidying up in midfield.

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
BillyShears said:
Skashion said:
Am I mistaken for thinking that there is quite a bit more sympathy for injuries under Pellegrini than under Mancini from certain parties? I'm quite sure that injuries were used as a stick to beat Mancini with last season as once again it proved his ineptitude to adapt and to fully utilise his very expensive squad. Now, if Kompany's out, as he was more than once last season - starting 68.4% of last season's league games compared to 81.5% the season before and 97.3% the season before that, apparently this is just bad luck and says nothing about Pellegrini's ability to utilise his even more expensive squad? I definitely think there is a disparity there. I think I detect the smell of egoism once again.

Mancini sacked the medical staff who were largely responsible for keeping our players fit and injury free during our title winning season.

These are the medical staff who put Aguero out with burnt skin aren't they?

Aguero had an allergic reaction to a spray which is commonly used. Maybe it was their fault that Balotelli had an allergic reaction to grass too!

BillyShears

For someone who was very vocal in his disappointment in Mark Hughes and eagerness to see a change in management because let's face it, he was shite and the writing was on the wall.

Mid December 2009 Mancini came to this club with no preseason, much less of star studded squad and the changes he implemented we noticed immediately. Yes you were less than impressed four weeks later with the "Italian way" as you put it but he had made a vast refreshing, noticeable difference for the better and I think had produced 5/6 wins ?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509</a>

This isn't promoting the return of Mancini because lord knows that wont happen but we fast forward to now and can we say our performances have drastically improved or gotten worse ? We have injuries but I think we did back then, We also have better players. I'm worried we fixed the wrong part. I can move on from Mancini but please don't tell me that this is how it should be and I shouldn't worry. How we are performing is far, far from ok. If its ok with you to be underwhelmed 4 weeks into mancinis tenure then I think I'm ok having a little wobble too

deano ou812 said:
Marvin said:
deano ou812 said:
Watching it as well,what they were saying is spot on,how have we went from first game of season against newcastle high tempo/pressing to what we have seen in the last three,injuries and tired players coming back from internationals are no excuse....
Really? What more do you want? Two sendings off before you acknowledge the problems the team face
No,but pellegrini rattled out tired players and injuries its the same old chestnut from managers when they know fine rightly their team has played shit...
But those problems were real. Kompany and his stand in plus Richards out plus Clichy, plus Silva plus Aguero out (due to game in South America) those are problems

You can handle 2 or 3 changes. We had to make 6 on an already weakened team that played at home to Hull

The guy is clueless. Already showing favour towards the Spanish players (Garcia out of position instead of Lescott who helped us win the league) 1 holding midfielder? Doesn't work. Especially with an already weakened defence. Barry shown the door. Navas a player with pace to burn essentially played in central midfield.

We've made a huge error.

cleavers said:
dancity19 said:
It's a very simplistic argument, granted, but no matter how much more competitive the league might be, having spent the best part of £100m on already top squad, a squad that came second last season, FA cup final, and won the league the season before, and a new better manager, we shouldn't be struggling as much as we have done in the last 3 games.
I don't think it is simplistic at all, its fact, whether you are Pellegrini, or Moyes, or Mourinho, or Ancelotti, or Gaurdiola, you will be excused poor performances so long as you get the results, but you won't be excused the results even if the team performs well. Results wise there are no honeymoon periods at this level.

We're 4 games in, and performances, by and large, have been poor, but we still have 7 points out of 12, only have conceded goals in 1 of the 4 matches, despite having a "makeshift" defence, and are only 2 points off the lead, and that is why, so far anyway, the media have laid off Pellegrini, but if and/or as soon as we fall behind, the knives will be out, and once they get a head of steam a manager comes under enormous pressure in the premier league.

We are now supposed to be one of the elite clubs, and changing managers an/or players will not be allowed to be an excuse for failure.

Its a big week this one, we will be expected to perform in europe on Tuesday, and then we have the derby next weekend, a game we can't afford to lose in my opinion, even at this early stage of the season.

I think you're bang on about pressure the top managers face. It's the same for Moyes, Pellegrini, Wenger, Mourinho, AVB, even Rodgers.

Cheesy said:
BobKowalski said:
Cheesy said:

I agree. He will now realise that 4 difficult games a season in Spain is a bit different than no easy games. All we are missing is Kolo and Barry. We have nobody tidying up in midfield.

bobmcfc said:
BillyShears

For someone who was very vocal in his disappointment in Mark Hughes and eagerness to see a change in management because let's face it, he was shite and the writing was on the wall.

Mid December 2009 Mancini came to this club with no preseason, much less of star studded squad and the changes he implemented we noticed immediately. Yes you were less than impressed four weeks later with the "Italian way" as you put it but he had made a vast refreshing, noticeable difference for the better and I think had produced 5/6 wins ?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509</a>

This isn't promoting the return of Mancini because lord knows that wont happen but we fast forward to now and can we say our performances have drastically improved or gotten worse ? We have injuries but I think we did back then, We also have better players. I'm worried we fixed the wrong part. I can move on from Mancini but please don't tell me that this is how it should be and I shouldn't worry. How we are performing is far, far from ok. If its ok with you to be underwhelmed 4 weeks into mancinis tenure then I think I'm ok having a little wobble too

There's a difference between asking a question genuinely, as I did, without histrionics and without panty wetting, and making your mind up as you've clearly done.

Pearcey said:
The guy is clueless. Already showing favour towards the Spanish players (Garcia out of position instead of Lescott who helped us win the league) 1 holding midfielder? Doesn't work. Especially with an already weakened defence. Barry shown the door. Navas a player with pace to burn essentially played in central midfield.

We've made a huge error.
Glad to see no-one's jumping to any conclusions.

BillyShears said:
bobmcfc said:
BillyShears

There's a difference between asking a question genuinely, as I did, without histrionics and without panty wetting, and making your mind up as you've clearly done.
I think the post I wrote above was actually reasonable and without "panty wetting" . Are you genuinely enjoying city right now ? You did say you were concerned at least. We look clueless and without direction and guidance at the moment but If you can honestly say you have zero reservations about our manager then that is fair enough, however im perhaps inclined to believe that first, second,third and fourth impressions are actually bang on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.