Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Discuss Pellegrini

BluessinceHydeRoad said:
BillyShears said:
BluessinceHydeRoad said:
These are the medical staff who put Aguero out with burnt skin aren't they?

Aguero had an allergic reaction to a spray which is commonly used. Maybe it was their fault that Balotelli had an allergic reaction to grass too!

Still a stain on keeping us injury free wasn't it. It's also fair to point out that Kompany was out injured for a spell that season too as were other players. Key players were out last season as well. Key players are out every season at every club, but it isn't considered much of an excuse for poor performances.

Our injury record was far worse last season than during our title winning season. Anyway it's a pointless discussion because ultimately your right every club has injuries and it doesn't excuse poor performances generally. However poor performances when you have a new manager, new players, and a shift in style, alongside key injuries, is a little more understandable.

I'm not trying to absolve Pellegrini of the blame for how poor we've been - far from it. I'm just trying to point out that it's simply too early to make a call one way or the other. Me, I rate the guy very highly, far higher than I ever rated Mancini. Of course on that basis I'm going to want to give him the benefit of the doubt. That is natural. However I want what's best for City. Not just today and tomorrow, but over a period of time. If Pellegrini turns out to be the wrong appointment I'll be the first one on here saying I got it wrong.

BillyShears said:
cleavers said:
2 stools seems very apt to where we are

Bang on again Cleavers. Not sure how much of it is to do with the injury to Kompany and the knock on effect that has had to our style, but I would suggest it's played a large part.

Txiki fucked up in the summer not buying a centre half quicker - but then we couldn't have predicted the injury situation.

-- Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:34 pm --

bobmcfc said:
Mancini had to raise the drawbridge with the press from minute one. MP received a great reception from everyone including the media

You've ignored the point I was making. When you've got supporters chanting "you can stick your Pellegrini up your arse" at the FA Cup Final then the guy was on to a loser with the supporters before he'd even gotten the job. The fact you won't acknowledge that speaks volumes ...

I was a at the FA Cup Final and the fact that people were still behind the current manager Mirrors the distain and outrage that was projected on this very forum when Hughes was in his final hours. I don't see how you can feel Mancini had an easier time of it when there was so much anger from the press and fans regarding Hughes treatment.

Billy do you honestly feel that a few fans singing a song at a game MP was never anywhere near or even would hear about would even register on his radar ? . If that in anyway dented his fragile confidence then I would really worry about his ability to manage this club

bobmcfc said:
BillyShears

For someone who was very vocal in his disappointment in Mark Hughes and eagerness to see a change in management because let's face it, he was shite and the writing was on the wall.

Mid December 2009 Mancini came to this club with no preseason, much less of star studded squad and the changes he implemented we noticed immediately. Yes you were less than impressed four weeks later with the "Italian way" as you put it but he had made a vast refreshing, noticeable difference for the better and I think had produced 5/6 wins ?

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=159559&p=2847509#p2847509</a>

This isn't promoting the return of Mancini because lord knows that wont happen but we fast forward to now and can we say our performances have drastically improved or gotten worse ? We have injuries but I think we did back then, We also have better players. I'm worried we fixed the wrong part. I can move on from Mancini but please don't tell me that this is how it should be and I shouldn't worry. How we are performing is far, far from ok. If its ok with you to be underwhelmed 4 weeks into mancinis tenure then I think I'm ok having a little wobble too

Always interesting to look back. Nice to see me talking sense. Must have caught me on a good day. Good to see DD lumping in on Mancini. Almost makes you nostalgic. And the joy at beating Taggart's mob. Now its expected.

But at least we have the answer to the burning question. When is the right time to discuss/have a go/praise the manager? Research has shown its 6 games. Yep 6 whole games. So only one week to go. Which as luck would have it is the derby which oddly I am confident about. Confident that it is a game neither manager can afford to lose and as with the recent Chelsea/Man U snoozfest I predict a cautious game and a draw. Even more oddly this is exactly what I thought would happen when we twatted them 6-1.

I'd love to know what Khaldoon thinks if this football, he said Pelli would bring the type of football we all wanted to see, well he must be shaking his head at the moment. I'm not having this injury excuses, any other team would give their left bollock to have the team and subs we had yesterday, you just have to use them in the right way. Next week will be the marker point for me, if we play like we have in Prague the derby is going to be awful I'm going to have to drink more than usual to numb the pain. Sort the tactics in midfield and I think we can push on, I mean Navas didn't have one run down the line yesterday he was coming inside a complete waste. 2 holding midfielders, Yaya pushed forward sacrifice a forward.

BillyShears said:
Marvin said:
Chelsea just lost at Everton with their first choice team out

On Friday Jamie Jackson in the Guardian described City as in the middle of a defensive injury crisis. In the circumstances we should be glad to have taken 4 points from 6. We've got out of jail. Perhaps we've ridden our luck, but that's part of football.

I'll keep banging the same drum ... but the league is much more competitive than it was last season from the bottom up. There are going to be no easy games, not just for us, but for everyone. Anyone who collects 80 points + will be the champions.

Must admit I actually agree with you on this one. League could be won with lowest or one of the lowest points total. IMO.

salfordblue-tony2 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
It can't be a coincidence we share an identical record with United and Chelsea, currently, both who have also changed the manager?

Yet, both Mourinho and Moyes are already fully conversant in the ways of the Premier League.

They say one man doesn't make a team but I would beg to differ, and dare say, Barcelona fans would also agree.

The loss of Kompany has also coincided with our worst performances and results under Mancini over the course of two seasons.

Vinny's return will allow Pellegrini to expand his thinking and selection processes by ten-fold.[/quote

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I don't think people fully appreciate how important to the whole team Kompany is.
Not just his defending and leadership, he seems to have an almost magical aura around him that lifts the whole team.
I think this was particular showing against Newcastle, blowing them away, easy win. Then last 20 mins or so we lost Vinny, the whole team just went to pieces.

If this is so, it follows that the hierarchy don't know what they are doing and have let us down again in their choice of transfer targets. Just saying.

prestonibbo_mcfc said:
BillyShears said:
Marvin said:
Chelsea just lost at Everton with their first choice team out

On Friday Jamie Jackson in the Guardian described City as in the middle of a defensive injury crisis. In the circumstances we should be glad to have taken 4 points from 6. We've got out of jail. Perhaps we've ridden our luck, but that's part of football.

I'll keep banging the same drum ... but the league is much more competitive than it was last season from the bottom up. There are going to be no easy games, not just for us, but for everyone. Anyone who collects 80 points + will be the champions.

Must admit I actually agree with you on this one. League could be won with lowest or one of the lowest points total. IMO.
Anything over 82 will definitely win it imo.

Summed up nicely
<a class="postlink" href="http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1773707-stoke-city-vs-manchester-city-6-things-we-learned/page/2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1773 ... ned/page/2</a>

BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
Maybe he is ruthless with those that won't fall into line. Whatever his methods, he has managed to get his previous teams playing great football. I think we need to give him more than 4 games before we judge, don't you.

Pellegrini will drop anyone who doesn't fall into line with the way he wants them to work on the field.

In many respects it's been the perfect storm for those who had made their mind's up about the manager before he was even appointed. We've lost Vinny, Silva, and Clichy to injury, and as I said earlier in the thread, we'd have been just as shit under Mancini (and often were even in our title winning season). However through rose tinted revisionism we were now never ever poor under him, never dropped points we shouldn't have done ...

The only salient point right now for those who are interested in being objective about the situation, is that we're 4 games into a new manager's tenure, and are missing key players. Results/points are far more important than performances right now.

I'm not among the panic brigade but constant repetition of this excuse doesn't make it palatable.

Even when we lose a few key players we field a team that cost dozens of millions more than the opposition. Yet we are still prone to being humbled by pub teams that are well organised and well motivated. It happened under Mancini and it's happening again under Pellegrini.

sir baconface said:
BillyShears said:
Chippy_boy said:
Maybe he is ruthless with those that won't fall into line. Whatever his methods, he has managed to get his previous teams playing great football. I think we need to give him more than 4 games before we judge, don't you.

Pellegrini will drop anyone who doesn't fall into line with the way he wants them to work on the field.

In many respects it's been the perfect storm for those who had made their mind's up about the manager before he was even appointed. We've lost Vinny, Silva, and Clichy to injury, and as I said earlier in the thread, we'd have been just as shit under Mancini (and often were even in our title winning season). However through rose tinted revisionism we were now never ever poor under him, never dropped points we shouldn't have done ...

The only salient point right now for those who are interested in being objective about the situation, is that we're 4 games into a new manager's tenure, and are missing key players. Results/points are far more important than performances right now.

I'm not among the panic brigade but constant repetition of this excuse doesn't make it palatable.

Even when we lose a few key players we field a team that cost dozens of millions more than the opposition. Yet we are still prone to being humbled by pub teams that are well organised and well motivated. It happened under Mancini and it's happening again under Pellegrini.

Groundhog day.....

Groundhog Day.....

Groundhog Day.....

Alright i'll give it a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.