Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone suggested that Garcia going off wasn't actually a tactical decision. Is that true ?

Rammy Blue said:
hilts said:
Rammy Blue said:
That's what I said about 50 pages ago, I hate it when I know that the manager is making mistakes that I wouldn't make. FFS the guy is paid millions and yet I could pick a better starting 11 than him, plus better tactics. It really is that simple, imo.

Then why wouldn't they employ you on the fraction of the wages? after watching many city managers and england one's in particular i have come to the conclusion that either managers are
either vastly overrated or us fans are clueless

That's always the easy reply though.

Bottom line is, and you can check the pre-match thread, but as soon as the team was announced I said we'd struggle and it was the wrong side for today's game. Blatantly obvious he was relying on Sergio and Beast to win the game with no regard whatsoever about what we were going to face.

He should have mixed it up, gone 4-2-3-1 for example, and certainly, and I hate repeating myself, but ay manager who starts with Garcia, especially in a 4-4-2 really is bordering on being fucking clueless.

MP is certainly testing my patience.

hard to argue with this.

Rammy Blue said:
hilts said:
Rammy Blue said:
That's what I said about 50 pages ago, I hate it when I know that the manager is making mistakes that I wouldn't make. FFS the guy is paid millions and yet I could pick a better starting 11 than him, plus better tactics. It really is that simple, imo.

Then why wouldn't they employ you on the fraction of the wages? after watching many city managers and england one's in particular i have come to the conclusion that either managers are
either vastly overrated or us fans are clueless

That's always the easy reply though.

Bottom line is, and you can check the pre-match thread, but as soon as the team was announced I said we'd struggle and it was the wrong side for today's game. Blatantly obvious he was relying on Sergio and Beast to win the game with no regard whatsoever about what we were going to face.

He should have mixed it up, gone 4-2-3-1 for example, and certainly, and I hate repeating myself, but ay manager who starts with Garcia, especially in a 4-4-2 really is bordering on being fucking clueless.

MP is certainly testing my patience.

Mix it up? Now theres a novel idea,all our tactical genius of a manager knows is 4-4-2!
Doesn't seem to matter who plays or what team were playing,just fill those positions and hope for the best.
Not impressed at all.

Re: Clueless manager

What I know about football you could write on the back of a postage stamp. A quick question though: which of the following did you think on seeing the team sheet? 'That's a great line up, we're gonna be alright here', or was it a case of 'don't like the look of that defence and why the fuck is Garcia in the middle?'

I reckon the vast majority of supporters would have had musings concerning the latter. If that is the case, why the fuck couldn't the manager see the shortcomings with that line-up?

Marvin said:
Blueles61 said:
I'm fed up of squad rotation. Why does it have to be 4/5/6 players? Use the same nucleus of the team and rotate 1 or 2 if necessary.
Fernandinho, Nasty and Silva all picked up injuries. And those are only the ones we know about.
So only change the ones who need to be changed then. The others were on the bench, one of them even came on.

@BluePhil8 said:
hilts said:
ballinio said:
if we`d lost all 11 would it be too early to judge him ?

We can't judge till December armchair Billy said so

You seem to take pride in sounding fickle. Personally I am too busy laughing at Redcafe, where all of their glory hunters are seeking Moyes' head as soon as he loses a game. It makes me sad to come on hear and see the same. I thought our fans were better.

fickle how?

80s Shorts said:
Marvin said:
As soon as SAFC scored I knew it was going to be a long way back.

I don't think Pellegrini underestimated Sunderland. He's been in football long enough to know that these games can be just as difficult as the games against Chelsea etc. They just present different challenges

I'm am disappointed as any other City fan. I just don't see any positive gain to be had by blaming the manager. Maybe he did plenty wrong, but I didn't see what he did wrong that contributed to the poor performance. I can see City played a bad game. Sometimes these things are out of a manager's control

I know it's not a defence but look at Klopp at Dortmund. His team have just lost at home to Arsenal in the Champions League and this weekend they lost in the Bundesliga too. Is he a bad manager? Is AVB? Is Mourinho?

Ultimately results are the be all and end all. Sadly we have reached the stage in football when a manager has one season. That's ridiculous and little more than a lottery decided on players fitness and referee's eyesight

Marvin, how can you say the manager did plenty wrong but that didn't contribute to a poor performance ?

You do not make any sense.

That's Marvin! The voice of reason but contradicts himself with every post.

Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless

Hes a nice man and hes "the engineer" ! So were gonna be parading the quad in front if the town hall right?

PELLE PELLE PELLE OUT OUT OUT

Marvin said:
Blueles61 said:
I'm fed up of squad rotation. Why does it have to be 4/5/6 players? Use the same nucleus of the team and rotate 1 or 2 if necessary.
Fernandinho, Nasty and Silva all picked up injuries. And those are only the ones we know about.

The full backs were rotated. I am surprised anyone is using this as a factor for our loss. It's just a straw to grasp at and use to blame for the defeat

I can't come up with any explanations myself tat are any better, but there's nothing to be gained from just piling on he misery. The only beneficiary is Man Utd and Arsenal

Yeah, I know 3 changes we due to injuries, but he needs to stop the rotation, and stick with a settled team when he can, which he doesn't.
These are young, fit athletes that should be able to play 2 games a week without being tired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.