Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Clueless manager

@BluePhil8 said:
hilts said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Ferran said in his post season interview that he has always held the philosophy of a two season cycle for managers. I am a staunch Pellegrini defender but if we don't improve I wouldn't be too surprised to see a new head coach come in this summer. That is the beauty of the director of football approach, we could theoretically change coaches without having to disrupt the squad too much. We can appoint coaches based on our squad.

What happens if the director of football is shit though? the big problem with the dof system is that when things go wrong the blame game becomes a lottery
Their is no evidence to support that claim. On the contrary however, Txixi oversaw the most successful era in Barcelona's history. Which suggests he is far from shit.

Never said he was shit i wouldn't know but by this logic if a manager does a good job at one club he would never get sacked ever in any job because by your logic he can never be to blame

If the DOF has a say in player recruitment and general tactics and youth development etc.. if it goes wrong who is to say where the proportion of blame lies, you could even argue that even if it is the managers fault who hired him in the first place

It is not as simple as the manager is shit let's get another one

baildon blue said:
80s Shorts said:
Bluescholar said:
They sound like winning tactics, the 'wide open spaces' tactics currently deployed away don't.
Forget pretty when struggling and dig in. Can we do this? Is it holistic enough ;-)

You cant underestimate the influence the likes of the Tevezs', DeJongs' and even the Barrys'of this world can help the team to do that.

We have lost a big player in Tevez when needing to dig in. I realise he wanted to go, although I bet the bean counters didn't exactly mind.
Bloody hell even when we had Tevez , Barry and Dejong we still lost at Sunderland . Tevez missed a penalty at Sunderland .

That was Mancinis fault ffs.

The away form from this core group of players in this type of game has been piss poor for 3 years, even when we won it, it was mainly down to a superb home record. Bob couldn't fathom it and now it's looking like the engineer is going the same way! We don't seem to manage the game on the pitch as it unfolds. You could see after 15 or so mins today that someone needed to grab it by the scruff and put a marker down. This brings me to yaya. He should be the one who dictates our play but is often anonymous like today. The same players go missing in these games time in time out, throw in the ones not good enough and you get a performance like today's.
Rant over! Keep the faith

Lets ask a question, who knows the team best, Bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk poster "Colins Bellend" or Manuel Pellegrini, a man who has worked professionally in football for about 40 years, has managed the biggest team in the world and is paid millions for his football coaching? Maybe we can then ask, who is more likely to be clueless in this situation?

If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.

baildon blue said:
80s Shorts said:
Bluescholar said:
They sound like winning tactics, the 'wide open spaces' tactics currently deployed away don't.
Forget pretty when struggling and dig in. Can we do this? Is it holistic enough ;-)

You cant underestimate the influence the likes of the Tevezs', DeJongs' and even the Barrys'of this world can help the team to do that.

We have lost a big player in Tevez when needing to dig in. I realise he wanted to go, although I bet the bean counters didn't exactly mind.
Bloody hell even when we had Tevez , Barry and Dejong we still lost at Sunderland . Tevez missed a penalty at Sunderland .
Sadly Its no longer about losing at Sunderland, Its about this and all the other defeats most of which were against teams we should really be expecting to beat. We can afford to lose some games everyone does, however we have lost games to abject shit teams. meaning we now can't afford to lose many more games a lot of which will be against much stronger teams

OB1 said:
Bluescholar said:
andypandy said:
There's no middle ground with us. We either batter someone (at home), or we lose (away).

We need to learn again how to win ugly away from home, and if we cant win then at lease make sure we dont lose.

Wasn't going to post again tonight but couldn't resist a response here. Maybe City do offer wide open spaces but fact is that there has been less play in City's half of the pitch so far this season and City have conceded less shots than any other team. We've had more possession than any other team and have better pass completion. We've scored more and are running second on shots and shots on target. Pellegrini is not doing much wrong and we are a bit a fine tuning and a bit of luck away from good away results.

I'm not a stats person one single bit but I thought this the other day whilst driving around that why the fuck for too long now do teams manage one shot and score one goal or in Villas case three shots for three goals yet we seem to have an unhealthy amount of shots to goals ratio in comparison. It can't just be down to luck as this has been going on for years. Go as far back as Middlesbrough beating us 1-0 without even having a single shot yet we gifted them an own goal. QPR in the title clincher two shots two goals. It cannot just be down to bad luck. I'm now thinking that for all their dominance did Bayern really make Hart make any other saves apart from the three goals?

GXCity said:
ballinio said:
GXCity said:
Totally agree with this. We battered them and it is all going to click in place soon. Once it does we will be unstoppable. I just hope it happens sooner rather than later. The way the league is panning out we have got away with it so far but someone will go on a run and I just hope it is us
We didn`t batter Sunderland today, they got the goal then withdrew to protect their goal. Its tactics.

We battered them mate. Once it clicks we will be fine. Admittedly I have said the same after each away defeat but the performances deserve more than we are getting.
So we class battering a team as retrieving the ball then doing fuck all with it?

tolmie's hairdoo said:
If some are now suggesting messrs Moyes, Rodgers, AVB, Pochetino are better than Pellegrini, then where to begin?

This title race is WIDE open, adding to the hysteria and frustrations, as we are using previous campaigns as the barometer.

Come the end of December, we will be in that top three and right in the mix.

Thankfully, the transfer window will be open and we'll be busier than most, getting rid of the deadwood frauds who have stolen a living for too long.

Pellegrini will get what he wants after qualifying for next stage of Champs League.

Do think he and we would have been better served keeping Barry for his final year.

Dzeko, Richards, Lescott, Milner, Hart, Kolarov, Garcia, all on borrowed time.

We will be champions.

I will soon have consumed as much alcohol as you

I hope

Marvin said:
Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless
nasty was injured. How do you know Clichy is not carrying a back injury?

We didn't lose the game because of a shuffled back line. We lost because the ref made big mistake on their goal, and City's forwards weren't able to make a telling final pass / shot.

To be fair Marvin , Sunderland were never 'at the races' , and the goal shouldn't have been given ...... but that still didn't stop the City defence looking 'fragile' in the first half , they were passing the ball poorly , just didn't look in control at all , and the goal aside , Sunderland were still unable to make much headway!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.