Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Engineer said:
Txiki Begiristain and farran Soriano hand picked Manuel Pellegrini as there yes man who will incorporate there signings into a team so all you blues looking for a scape goat in Manuel I'm afraid he's here for the long haul.

How stupid will the two Spanish wheelers and dealers look if they hand the engineer his P45 after 11-15 EPL games in charge, we would certainly live up to the rags nickname 'the laughing stock'!

I wonder what they would think however if this scenario occurred (results wise over the next 5 EPL fixtures)

Spurs H) draw, Swansea H) Won, WBA A) Draw, Southampton A) lost, Arsenal H) draw

That would be 6 points from the next 5 games and not entirly unrealistic. We would have massed 25 points out of a possible 45 which would clearly be unacceptable.

My point is do you think the media/fans would be calling for his head so soon??
They've just finished calling for Moyes head, they're now above us so????

andypandy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bobmcfc said:
I will soon have consumed as much alcohol as you

I hope

Sober as a judge!

Will bookmark this all the same ;)

Of the 7 players above who are all on borrowed time, Pellegrini chose to play 6 of them?

It would take a hell of a lot of cash to replace those guys with the quality required and if they are as bad as Tolmie stated then why (as you say) do they keep being carted out to torture us

andypandy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bobmcfc said:
I will soon have consumed as much alcohol as you

I hope

Sober as a judge!

Of the 7 players above who are all on borrowed time, Pellegrini chose to play 6 of them?

And therein lies the problem.

Just as Mancini also identified, but had thrown £250m at it.

Pellegrini had few options outside of the personnel available to him today.

I'm shocked blues are surprised we seem to struggle when Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho are not in the team.

Each has a pivotal role. Outside of 12-13 players, the quality is shite.

Re: Clueless manager

@BluePhil8 said:
bobmcfc said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Have we always had such loyal fans?

Well he did travel up to Sunderland to watch it so is say yes
But on the contrary, he seems to be judging somebody's managerial ability 11 games into the season...

4 points out a possible 18 away with the best squad of players in the premier league, I'd say he's fair in making that comment.<br /><br />-- Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:08 pm --<br /><br />
mancitymark said:
He is a Clown and no one will tell me different.

All that shite about, and I quote ....... " City Fans are going to see a brand of football, they haven't seen before"

Talks Shite
Tactics are Shite
Team Selections ate Shite
His after match interviews are Shite

Clown, fucking Clown

I miss Mancini's press conferences, I rarely bother now because we don't really learn anything apart from who is injured and who isn't.

Marvin said:
Please don't try and blame the result on rotation of full backs. Totally irrelevant
No its not, Richards was f**king awful today, only interested in attacking, certainly culpable for their goal, when he made a rash challenge too far up the pitch (as usual), then stood watching as Milner tried to sort his mistake out for him, Milner may have been fouled (I didn't think so), but Richards was about 3 yards in our half as Bardsley put the ball in our net, he's currently a weak link, and has been on all his appearances this season, there was no need to leave Zab out, none at all.

Bottom line is you don't change 3 out of 4 defenders every game, or 4 out of 5 defensive players at once, especially if you have injuries, you keep as many together as you possibly can for continuity. Have we played the same defence twice consecutively in 17 games ? We urgently need a settled defence, rotation is not working, and yes we have had a lot of injuries, but it doesn't explain change, game in game out.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
andypandy said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Sober as a judge!

And therein lies the problem.

Just as Mancini also identified, but had thrown £250m at it.

Pellegrini had few options outside of the personnel available to him today.

I'm shocked blues are surprised we seem to struggle when Kompany, Silva and Fernandinho are not in the team.

Each has a pivotal role. Outside of 12-13 players, the quality is shite.

I thought we had to comply with FFP ? If we keep throwing good money after bad then won't we struggle ?

wilmslowblue said:
ballinio said:
Ducado said:
Have you got anything else to offer apart from your hatred of the manager? What do you propose the club do?
What have you got to offer ?
Ive completely lost faith in the manager after this display. Pellegrini looked absolutely lost and uncomfortable on the touchline today. We lacked such imagination that the only reason that Wes Brown got motm was because Navas was kicking the ball at his shins throughout the entire second half. Hes come out and said hes happy with our away performances. You could give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he has a point but it is the manner of our defeats and the narrative of ridiculous bad luck associated with them. I have a general bad feeling at the bottom of my stomach and have come to the conclusion. Combined with how he dealt with Mourinho gate a couple of weeks back that he is an unlucky manager, doesnt really have the class of his predecessor and definately not the man to take this club forward. Maybe we should give Jupp or the General a call?

I hope im proved foolishly wrong

Just had a quick look at your post history, your a strange one I will give you that!

Eccles Blue said:
Colins Bellend said:
Just back and still angry. Got to say that is the most inept display of management I have seen in a long time , this guy is fucking clueless. Need to score swap a right back ,jimmy out wide right with navas on bench and Garcia in the team. To completely change the back four for a game away from home with great results going into it is beyond belief. 3 hours on a coach and still not calmed down he is fucking useless

I travelled on the coach with CB and can tell you that he hadn't calmed down when we got home & I even asked him to say a few swear words for me while he was at it.

Why was Zaba not on from the word go? Why was Yaya on at all? Why is Zaba not Captain whilst Kompany is still out injured? Why were there so many changes? I understand the need for changes for the players who were injured but what about the ones who played last week and were not injured? WHY, OH WHY, OH FLAMING WHY CAN WE NOT PLAY THE SAME TEAM MORE THAN ONCE!!!!!??? Yes I know all about 'squad rotation' to save the poor darlings from getting too tired but we don't have a match next week and City pay their wages not the blooming International teams!! If it weren't for City in a lot of instances they wouldn't even be in the International teams!! But the main thing for me was why the (insert swear word there) was YaYa even on that pitch? He had no interest, he wandered around like a lost soul and if it hadn't been for people like James Milner we would have surrendered that match without a shot being fired!!

Mr Pellegrini doesn't seem to like the English players but it was two of them who saved us from total humiliation today (IMHO) James Milner and Joleon Lescott, with help from Nasri and, when he was allowed on the pitch, Zaba!!

I am not one to advocate a change of Manager, especially so early, but he has to listen to someone like Brian Kidd who has played/coached, been there, worn the tee shirt and written the book on how to get on in the Premier League, instead of listening to the man who sits next to Pellegrini at the matches!! I've no idea who the man is but I am sure someone will tell me!!

Sorry for the long diatribe, but like CB I've spent 3 hours on a cramped coach and have not yet come back to earth from my rage in space!! Boy do we City fans know how quickly we can go from euphoria to despair within a week!! (Actually despair is a bit strong but I am sure you follow my reasoning?)

EDIT p.s. Adam Johnson lying on top of the ball and then conning the ref into giving them a throw in constitutes cheating in my book as does Gus Poyet shouting at the ball boy for throwing the ball back in too quickly whenever it was our ball. I kept a particular eye on that situation having seen him really yelling at one in the first half. Gus you used to be one of the managers I respected but I am sorry that is cheating.

Agree 100% with this EB.

Yaya was a disgrace today. I can forgive a player most inadequacies, but not being arsed isn't one of them. Also I think it has to be said that Richards was beyond useless this afternoon. I actually think that he spent more time ball watching than most people at the game today.

As for Johnson, he's probably found his level. No one player has ever deserved the moniker ' match of the day player' more. Poyet is just an arsehole.

cleavers said:
Marvin said:
Please don't try and blame the result on rotation of full backs. Totally irrelevant
No its not, Richards was f**king awful today, only interested in attacking, certainly culpable for their goal, when he made a rash challenge too far up the pitch (as usual), then stood watching as Milner tried to sort his mistake out for him, Milner may have been fouled (I didn't think so), but Richards was about 3 yards in our half as Bardsley put the ball in our net, he's currently a weak link, and has been on all his appearances this season, there was no need to leave Zab out, none at all.

Bottom line is you don't change 3 out of 4 defenders every game, or 4 out of 5 defensive players at once, especially if you have injuries, you keep as many together as you possibly can for continuity. Have we played the same defence twice consecutively in 17 games ? We urgently need a settled defence, rotation is not working, and yes we have had a lot of injuries, but it doesn't explain change, game in game out.
Injuries to central defence entirely explain the change in central defensive partners

I am not sure whether Clichy s fully fit. He wasn't at one stage in the season. He had a back injury.

If I was Pellegrini and had Zab and Richards, I'd rotate them too after Europe. You can rotate the full backs. Don't think you can do so with the central two but that is not through choice

wilmslowblue said:
Ive completely lost faith in the manager after this display. Pellegrini looked absolutely lost and uncomfortable on the touchline today. We lacked such imagination that the only reason that Wes Brown got motm was because Navas was kicking the ball at his shins throughout the entire second half. Hes come out and said hes happy with our away performances. You could give him the benefit of the doubt and maybe he has a point but it is the manner of our defeats and the narrative of ridiculous bad luck associated with them. I have a general bad feeling at the bottom of my stomach and have come to the conclusion. Combined with how he dealt with Mourinho gate a couple of weeks back that he is an unlucky manager, doesnt really have the class of his predecessor and definately not the man to take this club forward. Maybe we should give Jupp or the General a call?

I hope im proved foolishly wrong
I am 100% with you - starts with 2 fullbacks who can't defend and a midfielder who would not even get into a Championship team and lets them stroll about for 45 minutes without any purpose or aggression. Leaves Yaya on the pitch when he was having one of his frequent can't be arsed days and just sits on the bench chatting to his pal - where is his desire and passion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.