Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Despite recent results I am really enjoying the season so far,our football is entertaining,the players are motivated and the feel good factor that,for me,was missing last year,is back.

We are so close to lift off I reckon,returning players and a settled defence will see to that as our attacking play cannot really be faulted,Pellegrini seems to be getting the very best out our forwards.

We will soon be sitting at the top of the tree,i have every faith.

I'm enjoying it too, FI. That's a good point.

There's a post above from JMW where he signs off about the home game with Arsenal in a few weeks and I felt a little lurch of excitement in my stomach. These are exciting times, and we are trying to build an exciting team. It's fascinating watching the pieces coming together. Of course it's two steps forward, one step back but it really feels to be coming to me.

TGR said:
crystal_mais said:
TGR said:
Dismal,
As bobmcfc pointed out on here yesterday - you have to much emotional investment in the new manager to be able to have any reasoned, objective debate or discussion regarding him (shown below) and the vast majority of regular poster on here understand and recognise that. Therefore it is pointless to continue.

bobmcfc wrote:. I would just like you to acknowledge That if this was mancinis start to a campaign there would be very very few positives from you Dave. I supposed you have to ride that horse to the finish line now though.

Yes but you aren't being true to yourself are you ? I think pride is holding you back from the proper rant you want to have about our season so far. Are you not frustrated at all Dave ?

I do believe that bobmcfc also offered you some advice regarding 'therapy'? I do think this is sound advice and would urge you to seriously consider his advice and offer.

Think you are being unfair to DD.

His view is shared by many. Things are looking positive yet there are some (like you) who just can't let go of Mancini.

You must be blinkered to lot have seen the gradual decline in the quality of football over the last season and half. If Mourinho had been at Chelsea last year we would have def finished 3rd. That's the way things were going.

MP needs time to out right things that were starting to go wrong. Change mindsets etc.

Get behind them for fucks sake!!!

I was behind them 45+ years ago (as was Dismal to be fair) - home away and Europe. I always have been and I always will be.
I just don't go with this blind faith, everythings new, shiny, wonderful & great crap when it is clear it isn't.
I like Pellegrini. I like his style, his approach and his footballing philosphy. I just can't understand
what the fuck he has done to best defence in Europe in 9 games! That's all.
Good for you. I've been following them 35 years but I have seen enough here to convince me we are moving in the right direction.

This defence has had a rick in them for over 12 months. Jog your mind back to Madrid, Dortmund, Everton Liverpool I can carry on

It's not just this new regime. The seeds were sown way before that.

That's my point

Didsbury Dave said:
FantasyIreland said:
Despite recent results I am really enjoying the season so far,our football is entertaining,the players are motivated and the feel good factor that,for me,was missing last year,is back.

We are so close to lift off I reckon,returning players and a settled defence will see to that as our attacking play cannot really be faulted,Pellegrini seems to be getting the very best out our forwards.

We will soon be sitting at the top of the tree,i have every faith.

I'm enjoying it too, FI. That's a good point.

There's a post above from JMW where he signs off about the home game with Arsenal in a few weeks and I felt a little lurch of excitement in my stomach. These are exciting times, and we are trying to build an exciting team. It's fascinating watching the pieces coming together. Of course it's two steps forward, one step back but it really feels to be coming to me.
After our last 3 away games I feel the same, we've had 3 difficult away games in less than a week, won 2, lost 1, and that defeat was unluckily, to a team that rarely lose at home, and have never lost at home with their current manager. We shouldn't have lost, but for a monumental cock up, and we should have won had we taken a couple of good chances. Chelsea had to resort to their managers favourite tactic towards the end (in fact I thought they'd done it most of the game), cheating, it didn't fully influence the result, in the end a lucky hoof away upfield, fell kindly, and our out rushing keeper provided the sucker punch. Pity because we didn't deserve that, but its football, and I'm sure somewhere it'll bounce back to us.

Like FI and others, I'm enjoying the football far more this season, even with the threat of us f**king up, I think we'll overcome that once we can put a run together. I thought Chelsea was also our best defensive performance away from home this season, despite conceding 2 poor goals, there were far fewer alarms than in other games including the previous 2. He got the tactics spot on, and I for one doubted he'd change it as he did, so its another thing that I saw as a positive, because I thought he'd stick to the previous formations.

Once we really click someone is going to get a hiding, and I don't think we'll look back.

crystal_mais said:
Good for you. I've been following them 35 years but I have seen enough here to convince me we are moving in the right direction.

This defence has had a rick in them for over 12 months. Jog your mind back to Madrid, Dortmund, Everton Liverpool I can carry on

That's my point

We had a very low starting point (FA Cup Final/Norwich) in terms of the quality of our play and our organisation. There's definitely a lot to be said for the solidity which Mancini brought to the players defensively. However in my opinion by January of 2012 we had lost the attacking spark partially because we had been found out so to speak, and partially because at a point where the players needed an extra bit of encouragement and have the pressure taken off them, Mancini stuck to his forthright and publicly opinionated guns.

What followed was a gradual 18 month decline culminating in the FA Cup final. This season Pellegrini's job was always going to be about remoulding the ideas and styles of Mancini into something more sustainable over a long period of time, and something more attractive for those who watch football. We weren't becoming more like Bayern/Barca/Dortmund and that is where we needed to go.

Of course in wanting to play more attacking and adventurous football there was always going to be a bedding in period during which the players would have to learn their new responsibilities within the system. For me we are very nearly there. We're nowhere near as open as we were in the first few weeks of the season. As a team we're more compact, more disciplined in terms of defending as a unit.

Which leaves us at today. I think we're the best team in the league - and are playing like it. Dominating Mourinho's team at home isn't something which should be sniffed at. I have faith in Pellegrini to make the final adjustments regarding individual errors ... and I suspect we're about to go on a run of victories at the end of which we'll be firmly ensconced up at the top of the table.

TGR said:
crystal_mais said:
TGR said:
Dismal,
As bobmcfc pointed out on here yesterday - you have to much emotional investment in the new manager to be able to have any reasoned, objective debate or discussion regarding him (shown below) and the vast majority of regular poster on here understand and recognise that. Therefore it is pointless to continue.

bobmcfc wrote:. I would just like you to acknowledge That if this was mancinis start to a campaign there would be very very few positives from you Dave. I supposed you have to ride that horse to the finish line now though.

Yes but you aren't being true to yourself are you ? I think pride is holding you back from the proper rant you want to have about our season so far. Are you not frustrated at all Dave ?

I do believe that bobmcfc also offered you some advice regarding 'therapy'? I do think this is sound advice and would urge you to seriously consider his advice and offer.

Think you are being unfair to DD.

His view is shared by many. Things are looking positive yet there are some (like you) who just can't let go of Mancini.

You must be blinkered to lot have seen the gradual decline in the quality of football over the last season and half. If Mourinho had been at Chelsea last year we would have def finished 3rd. That's the way things were going.

MP needs time to out right things that were starting to go wrong. Change mindsets etc.

Get behind them for fucks sake!!!

I was behind them 45+ years ago (as was Dismal to be fair) - home away and Europe. I always have been and I always will be.
I just don't go with this blind faith, everythings new, shiny, wonderful & great crap when it is clear it isn't.
I like Pellegrini. I like his style, his approach and his footballing philosphy. I just can't understand
what the fuck he has done to best defence in Europe in 9 games! That's all.

+1

cleavers said:
Once we really click someone is going to get a hiding, and I don't think we'll look back.

I've been saying that to my mates for a few weeks now: someone is going to get an absolute thrashing soon. In fact I'll go one further: there will be several games this season where we will get a sackful of goals.

BillyShears said:
crystal_mais said:

That's my point

We had a very low starting point (FA Cup Final/Norwich) in terms of the quality of our play and our organisation. There's definitely a lot to be said for the solidity which Mancini brought to the players defensively. However in my opinion by January of 2012 we had lost the attacking spark partially because we had been found out so to speak, and partially because at a point where the players needed an extra bit of encouragement and have the pressure taken off them, Mancini stuck to his forthright and publicly opinionated guns.

What followed was a gradual 18 month decline culminating in the FA Cup final. This season Pellegrini's job was always going to be about remoulding the ideas and styles of Mancini into something more sustainable over a long period of time, and something more attractive for those who watch football. We weren't becoming more like Bayern/Barca/Dortmund and that is where we needed to go.

Of course in wanting to play more attacking and adventurous football there was always going to be a bedding in period during which the players would have to learn their new responsibilities within the system. For me we are very nearly there. We're nowhere near as open as we were in the first few weeks of the season. As a team we're more compact, more disciplined in terms of defending as a unit.

Which leaves us at today. I think we're the best team in the league - and are playing like it. Dominating Mourinho's team at home isn't something which should be sniffed at. I have faith in Pellegrini to make the final adjustments regarding individual errors ... and I suspect we're about to go on a run of victories at the end of which we'll be firmly ensconced up at the top of the table.

Not far off there. Spoke to a mate yesterday who is a Chelsea fan and was there on Sunday. He was full of praise for how we played and felt it was the best football he had seen at their place this year.

Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:

I've been saying that to my mates for a few weeks now: someone is going to get an absolute thrashing soon. In fact I'll go one further: there will be several games this season where we will get a sackful of goals.

Most were saying that all last season.......

Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:

With respect to both of you .... both the rags and Newcastle took an absolute hiding off us ... :)

If I look at the root of what i think is the apprehension and concern currently regarding Pellegrini - i think nearly all of it is an either direct or indirect result of Vinny's mistake at Villa. Personally I think 3 points in that match, which we really should've had, would have changed many many people's opinions if our subsequent results had stayed as they were.

Anyway ... it's all moot for the moment. We can look forward to a title challenge and the knock stages of the CL for the first time in our history.

Pellegrini is doing just fine for me.

Got the team playing well. Since the hull game we've been a joy to watch at times and if it wasn't for incidents outwith the managers control we would be around 5-6 points better off in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.