Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
cookster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:
Once we really click someone is going to get a hiding, and I don't think we'll look back.

I've been saying that to my mates for a few weeks now: someone is going to get an absolute thrashing soon. In fact I'll go one further: there will be several games this season where we will get a sackful of goals.

Most were saying that all last season.......

I wasn't.

Didsbury Dave said:
cookster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've been saying that to my mates for a few weeks now: someone is going to get an absolute thrashing soon. In fact I'll go one further: there will be several games this season where we will get a sackful of goals.

I wasn't.

Me neither. Mancini's style was to get the lead, and then not take any risks and try to solidify and settle. If we went a couple of goals up he'd be bringing off a striker and adding an additional midfielder to make us harder to break down. Pellegrini doesn't seem to be of that mindset,

Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:
Once we really click someone is going to get a hiding, and I don't think we'll look back.

My suspicion is that once Kompany and Jovetic return, Pellegrini has most of what he wants in the squad. Against the toughest opposition, we'll adopt the 4-2-3-1 with perhaps Kompany partnering with Demichelis and bringing in Garcia to partner Fernandinho pushing Toure forward. That is just a suspicion, though. Otherwise, we'll have the 4-2-2-2. Injuries are never good, but they've been especially harsh on our squad as they're adapting to a new manager.

TGR said:
crystal_mais said:
TGR said:
Dismal,
As bobmcfc pointed out on here yesterday - you have to much emotional investment in the new manager to be able to have any reasoned, objective debate or discussion regarding him (shown below) and the vast majority of regular poster on here understand and recognise that. Therefore it is pointless to continue.

bobmcfc wrote:. I would just like you to acknowledge That if this was mancinis start to a campaign there would be very very few positives from you Dave. I supposed you have to ride that horse to the finish line now though.

Yes but you aren't being true to yourself are you ? I think pride is holding you back from the proper rant you want to have about our season so far. Are you not frustrated at all Dave ?

I do believe that bobmcfc also offered you some advice regarding 'therapy'? I do think this is sound advice and would urge you to seriously consider his advice and offer.

Think you are being unfair to DD.

His view is shared by many. Things are looking positive yet there are some (like you) who just can't let go of Mancini.

You must be blinkered to lot have seen the gradual decline in the quality of football over the last season and half. If Mourinho had been at Chelsea last year we would have def finished 3rd. That's the way things were going.

MP needs time to out right things that were starting to go wrong. Change mindsets etc.

Get behind them for fucks sake!!!

I was behind them 45+ years ago (as was Dismal to be fair) - home away and Europe. I always have been and I always will be.
I just don't go with this blind faith, everythings new, shiny, wonderful & great crap when it is clear it isn't.
I like Pellegrini. I like his style, his approach and his footballing philosphy. I just can't understand
what the fuck he has done to best defence in Europe in 9 games! That's all.

Best defence in Europe my bollocks. You forgotten wave after wave of Dortmund attacks cutting through us like a knife through butter then have you?

cookster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cleavers said:

Even as a staunch Mancini supporter I don't think many people thought we would get sackfuls of goals. Our striker combinations never seemed to click.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
TGR said:
crystal_mais said:
Think you are being unfair to DD.

His view is shared by many. Things are looking positive yet there are some (like you) who just can't let go of Mancini.

You must be blinkered to lot have seen the gradual decline in the quality of football over the last season and half. If Mourinho had been at Chelsea last year we would have def finished 3rd. That's the way things were going.

MP needs time to out right things that were starting to go wrong. Change mindsets etc.

Get behind them for fucks sake!!!

I was behind them 45+ years ago (as was Dismal to be fair) - home away and Europe. I always have been and I always will be.
I just don't go with this blind faith, everythings new, shiny, wonderful & great crap when it is clear it isn't.
I like Pellegrini. I like his style, his approach and his footballing philosphy. I just can't understand
what the fuck he has done to best defence in Europe in 9 games! That's all.

Best defence in Europe my bollocks. You forgotten wave after wave of Dortmund attacks cutting through us like a knife through butter then have you?

And the result that night was?
Oh blow me down with a feather it was 1-1
It's about results fella and nothing but results.

Matty said:
Didsbury Dave said:
cookster said:

I wasn't.

Me neither. Mancini's style was to get the lead, and then not take any risks and try to solidify and settle. If we went a couple of goals up he'd be bringing off a striker and adding an additional midfielder to make us harder to break down. Pellegrini doesn't seem to be of that mindset,

Absolute rubbish. The year we won the league we scored 93 gals so let us see if we match that this year. Incidentally Pellegrini added an additional midfielder from kick off rather than bring one on in the latter part of the game. Which is worse?

Last season the big issue was the form of the strikers. We regularly created chances but the finishing was poor.

franksinatra said:
Last season the big issue was the form of the strikers.

Nope ... last season the big issue was a manager who was reviled by much of the dressing room and who had mentally checked out of the club already.

The team getting the hiding from which we should have kicked on was twatting the rags 4-1 at home with one of the most comprehensive derby displays we've ever seen.

The only thing giving me comfort at the moment is the quality of our opposition, but we need to be aiming higher. If we were in the league with the 04/05 Chelsea, or Arsenals invincibles, we wouldn't have a chance, and that's not really good enough. We have such a brilliant chance to win the league this year, it would be a shame to piss it away on a cavalier attitude and piss poor defending.

BillyShears said:
franksinatra said:
Last season the big issue was the form of the strikers.

Nope ... last season the big issue was a manager who was reviled by much of the dressing room and who had mentally checked out of the club already.

More hearsay and speculation. I make my judgements based on what I see on the pitch. I was reliably informed Jo Harts form would improve now Manicni has left on this forum. How is that working out?

Sergio Aguero said there was no problem, I am happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.