Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
franksinatra said:
BobKowalski said:
Several made reference to enjoying this season more which is an interesting point. Am I enjoying it more? After the emotional roller coaster of 11/12 I took a relaxed view of last season. It was okay but all a bit 'after the Lord Mayor's Show' especially the monumental fuck up that was FA Cup final week. I am more engaged this season which with the new signings and regime change is natural. I am intrigued, fascinated and excited by the long term aims and how Ferran & Txiki will bring it to fruition and how we will in all likelihood dominate domestic and to a lesser extent European football with the completion of the Death Star. To be honest I take this domination as a given. If you chart the progress from 2008 to now and project the same going forward then domination is inevitable. Not always straightforward but inevitable.

So am I enjoying it more? Enjoying more than last season? Yes. It was all getting a bit tense and fraught last year. Enjoying it more than 11/12? No. That I enjoyed from day 1 and I don't have the level of intense anticipation now that I had with that season but in truth that may never be replicated. I also miss the characters. I miss Mario, Tevezgate, the tantrums, the T-shirts, the histrionics, the stunned reaction to the 6-1, the tears, everyone really hating us, the stories in the press and everyone always talking about us.

Now its all love and peace and a wee bit dull. Hell no one really trash talks us anymore. We lose games and everyone gives us a bit of a pass. The old days we drew a game it was 'City in meltdown' time. I miss those days.

I have been a bit frustrated this season with some aspects of the performances but the football is as good and in the main the personnel have changed very little. I do miss the calming influence of Barry in the centre of midfield and believe he will prove to be a huge loss over the course of the season.

The year we won the league was incredible with huge away victories at our rivals, last minute winners at home, it was just an incredible season.

It is doubtful any manager, including Pellegrini, would be able to match that year and that is no slight on him from an excitement perspective. I doubt it was Mancini's philosophy to make it so dramatic. I still think exciting times are ahead and with the implosion over at Old Trafford I think we are clear favourites to win the trophy again.

I agree that the title winning season was an incredible, bizarre one off and unlikely to be replicated for its drama, excitement, gutting lows or even the standard of football which at times touched the face of gods as well as plumbing the depths. No manager is ever going to plan that or likely to oversee it ever again.

This season has seen the return of some excellent flowing football. Aguero and Silva have recaptured their 11/12 form and possibly in Aguero's case exceeded it. Negrado is proving to be a revelation and just I love his attitude. But I also like to see us control games and not be continually undone by a hopeful punt forward. Defensively its a shocker. It has been since the Arsenal pre season game and will remain so. If it hasn't been fixed after 4 months and 13 competitive games then it isn't going to get fixed.

But its a short term issue. It may be a problem this season but won't prevent us dominating or winning big shiny pots in the years to come. Thats a given. Which is probably why I am relaxed and not getting overly bothered by things at the moment albeit I do enjoy popping in here and poking the Pellegrini faithful as they work their worry beads. Having said that I do have to give props to Pellers in giving me the biggest laugh of the season when he registered his image rights in a tax haven. Get the giggles every time on that one. Bless him.

Didsbury Dave said:
cookster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
I've been saying that to my mates for a few weeks now: someone is going to get an absolute thrashing soon. In fact I'll go one further: there will be several games this season where we will get a sackful of goals.

Most were saying that all last season.......

I wasn't.

Nor was I but I expect us to deliver several real pastings over the course of this season.

bluethunder said:
we were too narrow. lack of width. chelsea took advantage of this.

the game reminded me of the real madrid game. nasri, silva and toure together in attacking midfield didnt work at the bernabue and it certainly did not work at stamford bridge.

once again pellegrini gets the line up and tactics wrong.

478 posts and you're still that obvious.......

TGR said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
TGR said:
I was behind them 45+ years ago (as was Dismal to be fair) - home away and Europe. I always have been and I always will be.
I just don't go with this blind faith, everythings new, shiny, wonderful & great crap when it is clear it isn't.
I like Pellegrini. I like his style, his approach and his footballing philosphy. I just can't understand
what the fuck he has done to best defence in Europe in 9 games! That's all.

Best defence in Europe my bollocks. You forgotten wave after wave of Dortmund attacks cutting through us like a knife through butter then have you?

And the result that night was?
Oh blow me down with a feather it was 1-1
It's about results fella and nothing but results.

Thanks to, current pariah, Joe Hart.

TGR said:
TGR said:
I was behind them 45+ years ago (as was Dismal to be fair) - home away and Europe. I always have been and I always will be.
I just don't go with this blind faith, everythings new, shiny, wonderful & great crap when it is clear it isn't.
I like Pellegrini. I like his style, his approach and his footballing philosphy. I just can't understand
what the fuck he has done to best defence in Europe in 9 games! That's all.

Best defence in Europe my bollocks. You forgotten wave after wave of Dortmund attacks cutting through us like a knife through butter then have you?

Curious, I thought when you claimed we had the best defence in Europe, the inference was that teams were unable to ever circumvent the impenetrable sky blue wall, and the fact that the opposition might have been unfeasibly profligate in front of goal having cut through us, would have been disregarded as the irrelevance that it is. Still never mind, eh, perhaps you could account for Southampton, Everton, Spurs, Wigan, Norwich etc etc instead.......

TGR said:

Curious, I thought when you claimed we had the best defence in Europe, the inference was that teams were unable to ever circumvent the impenetrable sky blue wall, and the fact that the opposition might have been unfeasibly profligate in front of goal having cut through us, would have been disregarded as the irrelevance that it is. Still never mind, eh, perhaps you could account for Southampton, Everton, Spurs, Wigan, Norwich etc etc instead.......

Norwich I blame Kiddo...

I am still amused by the way people bring up the same games where we stunk the place out either defensively or collectively under Mancini. The inference being, especially with the 'etc, etc', is that it happened every other week instead of over a two year period (if you want to make it three you can chuck in Liverpool away). Perhaps I should start referencing Pellers defensive record in a similar manner 'Cardiff, Villa, Bayern, Chelsea etc etc'. The irony is that it is nigh on every other week under Pellers.

I know in an effort to make the current incumbent look good it does involve a copious amount of shitting on the last 3 years but there is little to no milage in attacking Mancini on his defensive record. No one denies that we didn't have bad days defensively but they were the exception not the rule. Live with it. Accept it. Then let it go. You will feel better for it.

BobKowalski said:
I know in an effort to make the current incumbent look good it does involve a copious amount of shitting on the last 3 years but there is little to no milage in attacking Mancini on his defensive record. No one denies that we didn't have bad days defensively but they were the exception not the rule. Live with it. Accept it. Then let it go. You will feel better for it.

I know in an effort to make the current incumbent look bad it does involve copious amounts of romanticising the last 12 months but there's no mileage in attacking Pellegrini when he's been in the job five minutes. Mancini's gone. Sacked. Moved on. Never coming back. Live with it. Accept it. Then let it go. You will feel better for it.

BobKowalski said:

Reference the last part of your paragraph,you might want to take your own advice and accept that the 'current incumbent' is called Pellegrini and he's here to stay for a while yet.

I would appreciate both sides to quit taking a giant dump on our current manager and the previous. It's too soon to judge Pellegrini and the angry, strident resistance to give credit to Mancini goes far beyond petty, stupid, childish, and ignorant at this point. Far beyond.

BillyShears said:
BobKowalski said:

I know in an effort to make the current incumbent look bad it does involve copious amounts of romanticising the last 12 months but there's no mileage in attacking Pellegrini when he's been in the job five minutes. Mancini's gone. Sacked. Moved on. Never coming back. Live with it. Accept it. Then let it go. You will feel better for it.

You obviously missed my previous post when I mentioned last season as being too fraught, too tense but it is fascinating and telling you mention romanticising the last 12 months...yet Mancini was here for 3 and a half years. Did the FA Cup win and title winning season mean so little to you? Are not those seasons worthy of romanticising? Have you no soul?<br /><br />-- Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:13 pm --<br /><br />
FantasyIreland said:
BobKowalski said:

Reference the last part of your paragraph,you might want to take your own advice and accept that the 'current incumbent' is called Pellegrini and he's here to stay for a while yet.

I debated on using the term 'the Chilean'. Such terminology when referencing the manger was popular on here if I recall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.