Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flb

chris85mcfc said:
flb said:
br62 said:
WOW.......there is some real crap being talked on here.

Of course MP does not rate the current crop of English players and quite rightly so!!!!!!!........they are just not good enough for a top team.

The condemnation of Navas is quite pathetic.....he was the only one who worried Sunderland by taking on their defenders when he came on and put some great crosses in. And it took Henry a full season at Arsenal to settle into the English game yet you are giving up on Navas already.

One guy wrote....''I too am worried fella, our English lads will either be sold or put in transfer requests to gain 1st team football''..............................................
......worried????? I will be worried if they are still here in February. So when we play Barca in the round of the last 16 you would prefer that Richards, Lescott, Rodwell( jury is still out on him) and the like are included in that team.......God help us!!!!!!!.

Horseshit

I could fucking worry Sunderland let alone Navas, make him come inside and hes toast

Richards,Lescott,Milner and Rodwell are not being given the minuites on the pitch hence a deteriation in there overall peformances.

i take it you have heard of the homegrown rule?

The homegrown rule is the only reason Richard/Lescott and to a certain extent Milner are actually still at our club.

I love Milner and Richards, but unfortunately they are not at the level that we are aiming for.

Complete fucking rubbish about Milner and Richards-they will not be given the chance under this manager, yet that complete fucking waste of space Garcia comes in as does Demechiles (sp) at the expense of the English lads.

I will ask you again-if we get rid of the English lads who comes in to fill the homegrown criteria?<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:46 pm --<br /><br />
NQCitizen said:
flb said:
FantasyIreland said:
I look at those four names and I cant see beyond a level more akin to where two of them have come from.

Along with several others,Garcia,Dzeko,Kolarov etc. if we are to achieve our ambitions,we need to be replacing them.

Id argue against Richards,Rodwell and most certainly Milner

Who do we bring in then bearing in mind the homegrown rule?

Nobody as yet has answered this question.

Hughes, Barkley, Shaw, Clyne and Redmond.

Then discard them when we get bored.

hahaha!

Re: Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 3)

lancs blue said:
flb said:
mancity1 said:
Rodwell was an unused sub on Sunday BS , he was available to play.

I am sure already MP doesn't rate him , he is in the Lescott , Milner , Hart, Richards , Barry , Clichy etc basket.

Only gets a gig when others up the order are injured etc.

Rodwell won't be at City next season if MP is still in charge.

MP doesn't rate our current crop of English breed at all BS and I think you and I both know that.

Thats the top and bottom of it

Pellagrini must assume that the English lads are just happy with an FA Cup and Capital Cup outing once every other month, if hes so fucking special why cant he coach the lads to his so called level?

I too am worried fella, our English lads will either be sold or put in transfer requests to gain 1st team football

Hes playing Garcia at the expense of Rodwell and MIlner.

And what the fuck does Navas bring to the party that Milner did very well last season doing in that position

Navas is a one trick pony with no left foot, and he coudlnt tackle a fucking cooked breakfast.

If that happens which English superstars (ha!) will replace them? Otherwise we'll be trying to win the CL with a 19/20 man squad.

flb said:
chris85mcfc said:
flb said:
Horseshit

I could fucking worry Sunderland let alone Navas, make him come inside and hes toast

Richards,Lescott,Milner and Rodwell are not being given the minuites on the pitch hence a deteriation in there overall peformances.

The homegrown rule is the only reason Richard/Lescott and to a certain extent Milner are actually still at our club.

I love Milner and Richards, but unfortunately they are not at the level that we are aiming for.

Complete fucking rubbish about Milner and Richards-they will not be given the chance under this manager, yet that complete fucking waste of space Garcia comes in as does Demechiles (sp) at the expense of the English lads.

I will ask you again-if we get rid of the English lads who comes in to fill the homegrown criteria?

It's not horse shit tho is it. How many of our 'English quota' played in the most recent England games. Don't recall seeing Lescott, Richards or Milner (may have come on as sub). So if their not good enough for England how can they be good enough for us?

The problem is more in your second point, of who is a better option? And i agree there isn't much talent about and those that are potentially good enough will want to play week in, week out. And this is my reasons as to why we have kept hold of Lescott/Richards as there isn't much else available.

Like someone else mentioned I like the look of Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse at Southampton and also Ross Barkley at Everton but personally i can't see any of those moving any time soon. Pretty sure Luke Shaw has just signed a 5 year contract.

flb said:
FantasyIreland said:
flb said:

I look at those four names and I cant see beyond a level more akin to where two of them have come from.

Along with several others,Garcia,Dzeko,Kolarov etc. if we are to achieve our ambitions,we need to be replacing them.

Id argue against Richards,Rodwell and most certainly Milner

Who do we bring in then bearing in mind the homegrown rule?

Nobody as yet has answered this question.

We need to employ the person at Southampton responsible for discovering all that English talent down the years, not the head of the youth as he probably just has players delivered on a plate for him.

It will be probably just a scout who gets nothing more than some free merchandise and a couple of tickets on matchday if Burnley's scouting system is owt to go by.

chris85mcfc said:
flb said:
chris85mcfc said:

I will ask you again-if we get rid of the English lads who comes in to fill the homegrown criteria?

It's not horse shit tho is it. How many of our 'English quota' played in the most recent England games. Don't recall seeing Lescott, Richards or Milner (may have come on as sub). So if their not good enough for England how can they be good enough for us?

The problem is more in your second point, of who is a better option? And i agree there isn't much talent about and those that are potentially good enough will want to play week in, week out. And this is my reasons as to why we have kept hold of Lescott/Richards as there isn't much else available.

Like someone else mentioned I like the look of Luke Shaw, James Ward-Prowse at Southampton and also Ross Barkley at Everton but personally i can't see any of those moving any time soon. Pretty sure Luke Shaw has just signed a 5 year contract.

Richards has had appalling luck with injuries, Milner is certainly good enough, jury is out on Rodwell

Personally id give Everton whatever they like for Baines.

If its going to be English out English has to come in.

flb said:
chris85mcfc said:

Richards has had appalling luck with injuries, Milner is certainly good enough, jury is out on Rodwell

But how is Pellegrini expected to give Richards a run of games when he plays 2 games then hes out for 3 weeks. He isn't reliable and you never know what you are going to get. Lescott just isn't at the required level.

Rodwell is similar to Richards, I want them both to do well but injuries are probably going to dog their career.

Agree on Baines i'd have him on 01.01.2014. He is probably the only available English player that could improve us.

Like i said if it wasn't for the homegrown rule my opinion is none of those English players mentioned would be at our club.

chris85mcfc said:
flb said:
chris85mcfc said:

But how is Pellegrini expected to give Richards a run of games when he plays 2 games then hes out for 3 weeks. He isn't reliable and you never know what you are going to get. Lescott just isn't at the required level.

Rodwell is similar to Richards, I want them both to do well but injuries are probably going to dog their career.

Agree on Baines i'd have him on 01.01.2014. He is probably the only available English player that could improve us.

Like i said if it wasn't for the homegrown rule my opinion is none of those English players mentioned would be at our club.

I'd have had Lallana and Caulker by now.

chris85mcfc said:
flb said:
chris85mcfc said:

The homegrown rule is important though fella, to all english clubs and for the game in general

Its something we have to get used too, but to dismiss our English lads who played a big big part in what's happened to this club in the past five years is very disrespectful.

Its not all rosey signing foreign imports, this club more than any is testament to that.<br /><br />-- Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:18 pm --<br /><br />
NQCitizen said:
chris85mcfc said:
flb said:

I'd have had Lallana and Caulker by now.

So would i mate, i just dont think Pellagrini is interested at all in English players, and why should he, he will be off in 2-3 seasons.

He doesnt grab me as someone who thinks further than the current season.

The homegrown 'rule' isn't much of a 'rule'. You can name 0 homegrown players if you want, you just can't name more than 17 squad members in that case. but if you have 4 or 5 super-talented U21 players then they don't have to be listed. But remember we currently have 10 players who can be registered as homegrown (Hart, Wright, Lescott, Boyata, Richards, Clichy, Milner, Rodwell, Guidetti, Nimely) so even if we sold 6 of them we could still name a 21-man squad without having to include Nastasic, Lopes, and any U21 prodigies we might sign on that list.

flb said:
chris85mcfc said:
flb said:

The homegrown rule is important though fella, to all english clubs and for the game in general

Its something we have to get used too, but to dismiss our English lads who played a big big part in what's happened to this club in the past five years is very disrespectful.

Its not all rosey signing foreign imports, this club more than any is testament to that.

Yea i understand its important and its something the club have to comply with. But if the English players aren't at the required level then its a tough call for the manager.

On his day Richards/Milner do a very good job for us but their never going to get a run of games cause they are more in the 'rotation' bracket. It's painful when Garcia is played ahead of Milner in CM as we all know what he is capable of, it reminds me of a situation playing for the school team when my mate ran the show in CM for our junior team yet cause the school team manager had never seen him play CM he always played him out wide!!!

Shaw. Baines. Barkley. Ward-Prowse. Probably the only players worth looking at as English talent. I'd much rather we had English players that improved our squad as opposed to having players that make up a quota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.