Discuss Pellegrini (Pt 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inter Me Nan said:
flb said:
OB1 said:
That was the only other European League that Pellegrini has managed in; do either of you see the irony there. Even more ironic then that Pellegrini manged to split the two horses with Villareal.

So what we seem to get is that his record in spain can't count because it is a two horse race and of course all his trophies in South America count for nothing.

Neil Lennon has a near 75% win rate in that other two horse race the SPL
All I've done is point out my reservations about him, everybody is surprised at his defensive tactics and team selections mate, Vinny is out for another month, let's see how he handles that.
One horse.

One three-legged donkey derby.

OB1 said:
I'm no cynic said:
OB1 said:
That was the only other European League that Pellegrini has managed in; do either of you see the irony there. Even more ironic then that Pellegrini manged to split the two horses with Villareal.

So what we seem to get is that his record in spain can't count because it is a two horse race and of course all his trophies in South America count for nothing.

I never denied his abilities in Spain, and his record too in South America is a worthy one. Mugs do not manage River Plate. The point, though, that I am agreeing with him is that Real and Barca are European giants, let alone giants in their own league, and the finishing order can be predicted as each season begins, just as it could in Scotland before the Rangers demise. There will be the odd occasion when another team breaks the mould such as Ferguson did at Aberdeen, but these interruptions never stand the test of time. For this reason, the point made that Real Madrid's defence record not really being valid is a worthy one, although I will accept that Madrid's defence record did markedly improve from Pellegrinis appointment.

But the finishing order in Spain couldn't be predicted when Pellegrini came second with Villareal and, btw he had a very decent defensive record in some of his seasons at Villareal; especially as he didn't have the resources to match Real Madrid.

He had a very good defensive record at Real Madrid; if you and anyone else wants to dismiss it, go ahead but, as people earlier today wanted to point out about City's defensive record, the goals against column is a fact. It was also a goals against record that was appropriate for Real Madrid.

It does make me chuckle.

"He can't organize a defence!"

"He did ok with Madrid, the last top team he managed."

"Doesn't count. Two horse league."

"He finished 2nd with Villareal."

"Doesn't count. They were .... Errr .... They had three good players. Anyway he's never won a trophy."

"He won several in South America."

"South America! Don't make me laugh."

"Let me guess. Does doesn't count?"

"The only thing that counts is points on the board. We should have a hundred by now."

"We've only played 11 league games."

"So? Top managers find ways to get points on the board."

"The max we could have is 33."

"Fine we should have 33. At least."

"Isn't that a bit unrealistic?"

"Unrealistic! Best squad in the league. Best defence two years running. I want, no I DEMAND, improvements. At this rate we won't even finish in the top 4."

"We're only six points off the top of the league."

"Doesn't count. Our games were all easy. Frank Clark could've gotten us to 33 points by now."

"Admit it' you just don't want to give the guy a chance ...."

"What! how dare you. How fucking dare you pal! I .... I ..... I've got more loyalty points than you. And I say he'll win us fuck all. You hear me! FUCK ALL! He's the Chilean David Moyes except Moyes will finish ahead of him cuz at least Moyes can organize a defence."

Wash, rinse, repeat.

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
I'm no cynic said:
I never denied his abilities in Spain, and his record too in South America is a worthy one. Mugs do not manage River Plate. The point, though, that I am agreeing with him is that Real and Barca are European giants, let alone giants in their own league, and the finishing order can be predicted as each season begins, just as it could in Scotland before the Rangers demise. There will be the odd occasion when another team breaks the mould such as Ferguson did at Aberdeen, but these interruptions never stand the test of time. For this reason, the point made that Real Madrid's defence record not really being valid is a worthy one, although I will accept that Madrid's defence record did markedly improve from Pellegrinis appointment.

But the finishing order in Spain couldn't be predicted when Pellegrini came second with Villareal and, btw he had a very decent defensive record in some of his seasons at Villareal; especially as he didn't have the resources to match Real Madrid.

He had a very good defensive record at Real Madrid; if you and anyone else wants to dismiss it, go ahead but, as people earlier today wanted to point out about City's defensive record, the goals against column is a fact. It was also a goals against record that was appropriate for Real Madrid.

It does make me chuckle.

"Doesn't count. They were .... Errr .... They had three good players. Anyway he's never won a trophy."

"The only thing that counts is points on the board. We should have a hundred by now."

"Unrealistic! Best squad in the league. Best defence two years running. I want, no I DEMAND, improvements. At this rate we won't even finish in the top 4."

"Doesn't count. Our games were all easy. Frank Clark could've gotten us to 33 points by now."

"What! how dare you. How fucking dare you pal! I .... I ..... I've got more loyalty points than you. And I say he'll win us fuck all. You hear me! FUCK ALL! He's the Chilean David Moyes except Moyes will finish ahead of him cuz at least Moyes can organize a defence."

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Your wrong about Frank Clark, he would have only got 30 points.

Bpughh said:
Don't know who's betting on what, but I want in. If one of you is really dumb enough to bet against us making top four, this will be easy money. Screw your Euros though, I'll put $2,500 on us making top 4

flb's your man, he's betting against us making top 4, although he's yet to actually agree to the below bet:

If City finish in the top 4 in the 2013/14 season, flb will donate £100 to the charity of kenzie115's choice.

If City finish outside the top 4, kenzie115 will donate £300 to the charity of flb's choice.

That's just small change to him though, he'll probably be a little more enticed by your $2500.

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
I'm no cynic said:

It does make me chuckle.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

I'm more than chuckling.

flb said:
BillyShears said:
OB1 said:

It does make me chuckle.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Your wrong about Frank Clark, he would have only got 30 points.

I don't know about the Chilean David Moyes comment but more a Chilean Kevin Keegan.
Likes to attack which is honourable but he has the defensive nous of Mark Hughes and the overall
tactical nous of Stuart Pearce. The only difference being is that he has a far more highly talented squad
than the other pair ever had at his disposal.

TGR said:
I don't know about the Chilean David Moyes comment but more a Chilean Kevin Keegan.
Likes to attack which is honourable buthe has the defensive nous of Mark Hughes and the overall
tactical nous of Stuart Pearce.
The only difference being is that he has a far more highly talented squad
than the other pair ever had at his disposal.

Hahahahahaha. Definitely heading for the classics section of the forum this thread is.

BillyShears said:
OB1 said:
I'm no cynic said:

It does make me chuckle.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

A good summing up of the standard of much of the debate about this manager, and the last one.

Pellegrini should have at least been able to pick up a couple of domestic cups in Spain. He's like another Ranieri not a bad manager but never enough bottle to cross the line. Good enough to get a couple of runners up. He's quite an unlucky manager. Can't quite pass the last step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.