Discuss Pellegrini

thenabster

I feel we and everyone is getting caught with his gentlemen etiquette. He seems to be a nice guy and there is no drama in the team which I like however it may be a problem if he's too nice and we don't analyze his shortcomings. Today, Pellegrini got tactically destroyed by Malkay Mackay. I mean Malkay ripped him apart. He knew that MP was going to use Garcia and Lescott in defense that were out of sync and slow, so instead of playing Cornelius he plays a fast striker who created havoc in the defense. Also he knew that MP wasn't going to use a holding midfielder but two midfielders who preferred to attack, so Mackay filled his midfield with fast and strong midfielders who were going to but our midfield on the backheel. Plus MP didn't even react to the troubles.

Cardiff is not a better team than us and the players may have under performed but this result also hinges on the manager because tactically he failed today.

I like MP but I'm worried about his gentlemen etiquette. He rarely wins against strong managers, I feel like when we meet the Mourinhos, AVB, Rodgers etc MP will keep on getting tactically outmaneuvered. One thing Mancini had that MP doesn't seem to have was that Mancini was very emotional and vocal, that's why even though the players didn't like him when we were losing 2-0 at half time or something, Mancini would scream the shit out of players to overturn the deficit. I feel like today when Cardiff scored, MP just kept on chilling on his bench. MP is going to have to switch on his inner cockiness.

I think we should also start discussing about him because we can't just blame the players all the time.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Damocles said:

^^ THIS ^^

That's BS. We are playing for the title not for the top half. If you play for the title there are only a certain number of defeats you can afford and if we lose away at Cardiff what will happen when we're playing away at Old Trafford or at Chelsea. Why are the players allowed to be blamed but not the manager?

Some words are slightly different but this is exactly what people said about Mancini last season. Perhaps it is something to do with the players?

He fucked up today but he'll learn. I assumed, wrongly, that he'd have done his homework about how our away games go. I know it's early in the season but that's 3 points thrown away that we can ill afford.

thenabster said:
Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
Damocles said:

^^ THIS ^^

That's BS. We are playing for the title not for the top half. If you play for the title there are only a certain number of defeats you can afford and if we lose away at Cardiff what will happen when we're playing away at Old Trafford or at Chelsea. Why are the players allowed to be blamed but not the manager?

Let me ask you an altered version of your own question.

If Alex Ferguson had a record of W1:L1 last season, would this thread appear on RedCafe?

The answer to that question is the same reason that this thread is bizarre and a bit daft

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.