Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini 2014/15 (continued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueAnorak said:
Well as the replacement thread is locked I'll post this here.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/25/carlo-ancelotti-west-ham-manager-surgery-real-madrid" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... eal-madrid</a>

Carlo Ancelotti’s surgery set to rule him out of running for West Ham job.

West Ham United’s faint hopes of convincing Carlo Ancelotti to be their new manager appear to have been dashed after the Italian, who is expected to be dismissed by Real Madrid this week, revealed he will have surgery this summer on a spinal condition.

The London club confirmed in the aftermath of Sunday’s defeat at Newcastle United that Sam Allardyce would not be retained when his contract expires at Upton Park next month. The hierarchy are fiercely ambitious and, having apparently missed out on Rafael Benítez who is destined to take over at the Bernabéu, are still exploring the possibility of luring the likes of David Moyes and Unai Emery to the Premier League, while both Slaven Bilic and Michael Laudrup have expressed an interest in taking over next season.

The fact they had considered Ancelotti is a reflection of the calibre of candidates under consideration, but the former Chelsea manager intends to take a lengthy break from the game if he leaves Real. “I’ve said it before and I can only repeat it: I’ll stop for a year [if I am sacked],” said Ancelotti. “I also have a very serious reason to stop, I need to have an operation for cervical stenosis. For some time I’ve been having tingling in my hands, if I wait any longer it may spread to my legs, so I’ve made an appointment for surgery. Frankly, I don’t know how long I’ll have to physically stop, for the post-operative phase and subsequent rehabilitation.”

So that just leaves Klopp as a real alternative.

AS English @English_AS
Klopp keen to take sabbatical “at least until 2016” – Bild

Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

With Pellegrini looking more secure for another season I just wonder if the hierarchy at the club are set on getting pep Guardiola in 2016 say will >

1) they only allow for minor changes to the team this summer ratter than the overhaul some might be expecting, bearing in mind that they think Pellegrini will only be allowed another year and they may think lets just change things a little because they want to give Guardiola more scope to change things if\when he arrives i.e. keep powder dry for a new manager in a years time

2) If Pellegrinii was to have a great season in 2015 - 2106 how could they then replace him with Guardiola or anyone else even if they wanted, would it not then look a bit tawdry ?

Personally I hope Pellegrini stays and we have a very good season coming up with him in charge

Re: Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

City1974 said:
With Pellegrini looking more secure for another season I just wonder if the hierarchy at the club are set on getting pep Guardiola in 2016 say will >

1) they only allow for minor changes to the team this summer ratter than the overhaul some might be expecting, bearing in mind that they think Pellegrini will only be allowed another year and they may think lets just change things a little because they want to give Guardiola more scope to change things if\when he arrives i.e. keep powder dry for a new manager in a years time

2) If Pellegrinii was to have a great season in 2015 - 2106 how could they then replace him with Guardiola or anyone else even if they wanted, would it not then look a bit tawdry ?

Personally I hope Pellegrini stays and we have a very good season coming up with him in charge

If the plan is for Guardiola to take over in 2016, I'm sure he will be in the loop of trust regarding our transfer targets, and Pellegrini will be fully on board with this exit plan.

TNC LaLiga ‏@TNC_LaLiga 7m7 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: Real Madrid have sacked manager Carlo Ancelotti who will take a year out from the game.

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
BREAKING NEWS: Real Madrid have sacked manager Carlo Ancelotti who will take a year out from the game.
Jumping the gun?

Presser doesn't start until 7 UK time.

@BluePhil8 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Jumping the gun?

Sounds like Spanish press (AS and MARCA) are reporting that he's already gone...presser will just make it official.....

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
Jumping the gun?

Sounds like Spanish press (AS and MARCA) are reporting that he's already gone...presser will just make it official.....
Sadly I think Txiki would pass on Ancelotti to continue his fantasy of possibly maybe appointing Pep next year (obviously depending on whether Pep can be arsed to come).

I think if we keep MP this year we will end up regretting passing up on Ancelotti within the first month of the season.

@BluePhil8 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Jumping the gun?

Sadly I think Txiki would pass on Ancelotti to continue his fantasy of possibly maybe appointing Pep next year (obviously depending on whether Pep can be arsed to come).

I think if we keep MP this year we will end up regretting passing up on Ancelotti within the first month of the season.

He is taking a year out to have spinal surgery so not available for us or anyone else

karen7 said:
@BluePhil8 said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:

He is taking a year out to have spinal surgery so not available for us or anyone else

I'd have him on the touchline in a wheelchair or via Skype rather than MP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.