Discussion: Manuel Pellegrini (2014/15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Manuel Pellegrini (interesting interview pg 115)

KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:
crystal_mais said:
You will never get a 5-10 year manager in the modern football game. Not just football - it is across industry in general. Elite operations work in cycles and thus they need a shake up every 3-5 years.

Players who are taking the piss know they are out of the door in the summer and some don't want to be here - hence being petulant twats. That interview from MP is his stake in the ground - he ain't going nowhere fast.

My only criticism of MP is he hasn't fucked some of these off already -

If it was me, I would pick my 11 I know I can trust and the rest would be left to rot so to speak.

I wish he would be strong enough to do just that. Those that aren't performing get left out, not matter how big and important a player they think they are. Show some sign that he's bigger than the players and in control of the situation.

I believe that it is no coincidence that we played some of our best football (and got our best results) this season when we had quite a few injuries/suspensions.

Burnley could well be a turning point for him?

He has seemingly come out fighting and it will be interesting to see if he has been given the nod his job is safe and if he then lets those that have stabbed him in the back they are on their way out and being benched.

Stephenhakin said:
So who are the 11 MP can totally trust at the moment?

Who on here can answer that?

blueinsa said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:
If it was me, I would pick my 11 I know I can trust and the rest would be left to rot so to speak.

I wish he would be strong enough to do just that. Those that aren't performing get left out, not matter how big and important a player they think they are. Show some sign that he's bigger than the players and in control of the situation.

I believe that it is no coincidence that we played some of our best football (and got our best results) this season when we had quite a few injuries/suspensions.

Burnley could well be a turning point for him?

He has seemingly come out fighting and it will be interesting to see if he has been given the nod his job is safe and if he then lets those that have stabbed him in the back they are on their way out and being benched.

I truly hope so.

KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:
crystal_mais said:
You will never get a 5-10 year manager in the modern football game. Not just football - it is across industry in general. Elite operations work in cycles and thus they need a shake up every 3-5 years.

Players who are taking the piss know they are out of the door in the summer and some don't want to be here - hence being petulant twats. That interview from MP is his stake in the ground - he ain't going nowhere fast.

My only criticism of MP is he hasn't fucked some of these off already -

Think it will go that way. My opinion only - we have a diverse split of nationalities - smaller cliques have been formed, unfortunately we need a dominating group of leaders that command respect - that's why Ferguson, Mourinho were/are successful.

Unfortunately - our key leaders (Vinny & Zaba) have their own personal form/issues to deal with

crystal_mais said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
blueinsa said:

Think it will go that way. My opinion only - we have a diverse split of nationalities - smaller cliques have been formed, unfortunately we need a dominating group of leaders that command respect - that's why Ferguson, Mourinho were/are successful.

Unfortunately - our key leaders (Vinny & Zaba) have their own personal form/issues to deal with

Could be down to your first point, as both give the utmost damn.

blueinsa said:
Stephenhakin said:

Well we can't for sure but like most things on here we can have an uneducated guess. Can think of a few that he might trust to give it their all. Struggling.

Hart
Kompany
Navas
Fernandinho
Zabba
MDM
Jimmy

I reckon I should walk into that changing room on Saturday regardless of the result against Barca and remind the players that games in the CL don't happen if they can't beat the likes of WBA at home. Fuck Pulis and his bullshit type of football, fuck the like of Chris Smallbrain saying that the shite will finish higher than us (not sure that is possible anyway), fuck all the journos who can't wait for us to fail, fuck everyone. This is all about passion, pride, showing everyone that we haven't downed tools and are on the beach already and more importantly showing the fans that they have a club to be proud of. If the players can't be arsed then the club should say they can't be arsed paying them or they can fuck off and play for a shit club with no chance of winning anything in a shit stadium with a shit infrastructure etc etc. The reason some of the players will be shown the door in the summer is because when they had their chances they blew it so it's their own fault, so tough, deal with it. There appears to be no pride in the shirt at the moment, players strolling around doing fuck all other than spouting shite in the press all week about how they are going to do this and that and then on match day it's the complete opposite. Fed up with tossers at the club who don't give a shit...

Mister Appointment said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Yeah, let's just see how it all turns out. He's a nice man and had a good season before the naughty players decided to play badly. All will be well in the end, ignore the current trajectory. If he doesn't make the top 4, hey we can always replace him after the event. He's such a nice man and deserves better. He's been hard done to and people should stop saying nasty things.

That level of sarcasm is fucking bizarre. Just like in the past you sound pissed off that people are not in line with your PoV on a manager. I'm not having a go it's just sad when we can't have an intelligent discussion and instead have to read silly rubbish like you've posted, you are better than that as a poster IMO.

Thanks for marking me down :-(
I am pissed off - and it's clear no amount of discusssion will change views on either side - it's just a case of lets see what happens - I'm resignesd to that now.
You may see it as merely sarcasm and indeed it was - but it was paraphrasing the no doubt intelligent posters that went immediately prior.
Lets hope this "I see no ships" appraoch ends well as it did for Nelson - Believe me, I really hope I'm wrong and that it does.

Oh and it's not like you've never been frustrated that people are not in line with you're PoV on a manager.

blueinsa said:
Stephenhakin said:

According to minutes played, and the team he goes for in the big games, his preferred 11 is:

Hart

Zab, Demichelis, Kompany, Clichy

Navas, Fernandinho, Yaya, Silva

Dzeko, Aguero

Coincidentally, that is the exact team he played against Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.