Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Damocles said:
flb said:
Damocles said:
If people go mad and use the word holistic to mean absolutely anything that they don't like about the club, they'll go insane when he starts talking about Gesamtkunstwerk

What does that mean "Get to work C*nt?"

Will do for me-beats holistic all day long!

It's a German art term that he often used to describe his teams and his role as a manager. It talks about how every part should work together as a whole to benefit that whole, and that individualism as a property cannot work.

So basically it's a German art word that means something very similar to what holistic approach means.

I will settle for that if he brings his Dortmund style of play over the water, the Dortmund game at the Etihad completely blew me away-best team ive seen turn up at city since Arsenal dicked us i think 6-0 at home once.

Maybe we should tell the first team he's coming :) they will play like demons from now till the end of the season

Healdplace said:
FanchesterCity said:
depps said:
This is happening isn't it??

All the bits of ITK gossip this week and Klopp's own statements about where he will manage next point to one thing only...

I would be very happy with the appointment but think we will need to be very patient next season. There is going to be a lot of transition in terms of change of style and player changes required for a coach like Klopp so it might not all work from day one. Do we as fans have that kind of patience anymore?

It may well be happening yes, but I think a lot of the seeming ITK info is actually just stating the obvious, like most of us do!....

Manuel's on borrowed time - check
We're starting to look at other managers - check
There's going to be some big changes - check
It's Klopp, Guardiola, Ancelloti, Sabella, Benitez - check (with a 20% hit rate by default)
The manager we want is already in a job - check (most decent ones are)

But not the waiting on an answer from a manager already in a job and complicated negotiations and a date of this week when an answer might be required?

That was probably just as applicable to Guardiola (cos we needed to KNOW, not guess). Benitez, Sabella (cos he's talking to Sao Paulo too), Ancelotti even...

I'm not saying people aren't in the know, some may well be, but I'm also saying it can easily appear that people are, when one of the 10 possible outcomes turns out to be right! It's not really rocket science to imagine if we were looking at a manager already in a job (as most good managers are), we'd want a definite decision soon.... because we can't wait until the end of the season to start looking. We can wait until the end of the season to sack Manuel, but we need to be finding his replacement NOW.

McfcMK said:
GaudinoMotors said:
So in a way, nited's resurgence back to being the best team on the planet suits us. They stick with their tactical, 250m team hoofing it to bogbrush, manager. Chelsea will obviously stick, Arsenal likewise - and we get a free run at Klopp.
That's what it seems like but it can't be as easy at that, surely.

Real Madrid remains a possibility though if they get rid of Ancelloti which I suppose would free him up to come here.

Then there's the dream scenario with Klopp going to Liverpool and we get the genius that is Brendan Rodgers.

Or we stick with Pellegrini.

allan harper said:
Could be a first, majority of the forum all wanting the same man?

It's because this guy is the real deal. All the criticisms about Pepe can't be laid at his door. All the positives about Pep can be assigned to Klopp too.

He fits our holistic model perfectly. He can use average players and make them world class. His attitude towards youth is fantastic and he is brave in integrating them. He is brilliant for our PR/media image. He has an incredible relationship with the Dortmund fans and the Mainz fans before that. He's a young manager who understands the idea of working in cycles of improvement. He's probably the most polished manager tactically that City would ever have had.

This guy is the one, we should throw everything at trying to get him here. Chelsea are out of running as they won't dump Mou, Liverpool are nowhere near us as an attractive prospect, United have the Dutch Grenade and they'll back him because they're morons who are living in the past in footballing terms, Arsenal have Wenger and unless he personally steps aside which you wouldn't think a man like him will do then they're out of the running.

That just leaves us. A team with large wealth who players won't get sold to other clubs to make ends meet, who have a quality squad yet needs an injection of energy, working with some of the best executive staff in the world at some of the best facilities in the world.

This is a big deal for us. He's the man we need and if he's deadset on coming to the Premier League then we should be pushing the boat, yacht, submarine, airplane, aircraft carrier, Land Rover and International Space Station out to be getting him. He is the perfect fit for everything we are trying to achieve. Absolutely perfect.

You can tell how big of a deal this is for us in that all of the rival forums are legitimately annoyed and/or frightened at the prospect of Klopp at City.

LoveCity said:
Playing devil's advocate here, but a lot of Dortmund fans have complained about Klopp having one way and one way only, while the likes of Favre and Schmidt have shown more versatility and their teams sit well above Dortmund.

But... who can't get excited about the idea of Klopp going mental on the touchline and creating a more energetic team? It'd be an entertaining ride whatever happened.

LbMEq.gif

giphy.gif

post-27860-Borussia-dortmund-manager-jurg-Fjzb.gif

i love that when he is confronting the 4th official. Might sound stupid but it might improve the feel of the ground and the atmosphere if he is showing abit of passion and fight and encouraging us to get behind the team. Sounds so good want him to join D:

City fans have always taken to a manager who wears his heart on his sleeve, in my era it was Reid, Horton and Mancini and bless him Pearce showed a bit of passion.

This guy is a mad twat that plays excellent football, bring it on !

Damocles said:
allan harper said:
Could be a first, majority of the forum all wanting the same man?

It's because this guy is the real deal. All the criticisms about Pepe can't be laid at his door. All the positives about Pep can be assigned to Klopp too.

He fits our holistic model perfectly. He can use average players and make them world class. His attitude towards youth is fantastic and he is brave in integrating them. He is brilliant for our PR/media image. He has an incredible relationship with the Dortmund fans and the Mainz fans before that. He's a young manager who understands the idea of working in cycles of improvement. He's probably the most polished manager tactically that City would ever have had.

This guy is the one, we should throw everything at trying to get him here. Chelsea are out of running as they won't dump Mou, Liverpool are nowhere near us as an attractive prospect, United have the Dutch Grenade and they'll back him because they're morons who are living in the past in footballing terms, Arsenal have Wenger and unless he personally steps aside which you wouldn't think a man like him will do then they're out of the running.

That just leaves us. A team with large wealth who players won't get sold to other clubs to make ends meet, who have a quality squad yet needs an injection of energy, working with some of the best executive staff in the world at some of the best facilities in the world.

This is a big deal for us. He's the man we need and if he's deadset on coming to the Premier League then we should be pushing the boat, yacht, submarine, airplane, aircraft carrier, Land Rover and International Space Station out to be getting him. He is the perfect fit for everything we are trying to achieve. Absolutely perfect.

You can tell how big of a deal this is for us in that all of the rival forums are legitimately annoyed and/or frightened at the prospect of Klopp at City.

I haven't felt like this since we signed Kun.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.