Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Damocles said:
allan harper said:
Could be a first, majority of the forum all wanting the same man?

It's because this guy is the real deal. All the criticisms about Pepe can't be laid at his door. All the positives about Pep can be assigned to Klopp too.

He fits our holistic model perfectly. He can use average players and make them world class. His attitude towards youth is fantastic and he is brave in integrating them. He is brilliant for our PR/media image. He has an incredible relationship with the Dortmund fans and the Mainz fans before that. He's a young manager who understands the idea of working in cycles of improvement. He's probably the most polished manager tactically that City would ever have had.

This guy is the one, we should throw everything at trying to get him here. Chelsea are out of running as they won't dump Mou, Liverpool are nowhere near us as an attractive prospect, United have the Dutch Grenade and they'll back him because they're morons who are living in the past in footballing terms, Arsenal have Wenger and unless he personally steps aside which you wouldn't think a man like him will do then they're out of the running.

That just leaves us. A team with large wealth who players won't get sold to other clubs to make ends meet, who have a quality squad yet needs an injection of energy, working with some of the best executive staff in the world at some of the best facilities in the world.

This is a big deal for us. He's the man we need and if he's deadset on coming to the Premier League then we should be pushing the boat, yacht, submarine, airplane, aircraft carrier, Land Rover and International Space Station out to be getting him. He is the perfect fit for everything we are trying to achieve. Absolutely perfect.

You can tell how big of a deal this is for us in that all of the rival forums are legitimately annoyed and/or frightened at the prospect of Klopp at City.

This would be the first managerial appointment post takeover where it really felt like we didn't settle for second best. I'm firmly in the 'not wanting to get too excited' camp, but I think we would take off like an absolute rocket with Klopp overseeing a youth revolution.

Pray we get this guy in. Surely we are in the mix. Strange so much talk when we have a manager in place, but we all know hes off...........right?!

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-problem---can-5523690" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... an-5523690</a>

This if my favourite Klopp GIF/Vine

[video]https://vine.co/v/MWZ2Dtx9b7I[/video]

He'll be adored over here.

Surely the only options are us or Real Madrid if they decide to sack Ancellotti. No other team in this league is looking for a manager and i can't see barca changing manager again, nor psg. I'd like to see him here but I have some reservations about Klopp. I've not seen an awful lot of Dortmund over the last few years and there's probably people far better suited to judge on here but i've seen a few more games than just the champions league games and my main concern is that he comes across like Pellegrini in that he has 1 system and 1 system only and can't/won't adapt. And i know their league form this season has mainly been down to a horrendous injury list but it's still slightly concerning that his team were bottom of the league at Christmas. Maybe given a bigger budget and squad he'll be able to find different systems to suit against different teams. Despite my concerns i'd still like to see him here, we'd certainly enjoy his high tempo high energy game, and they'd certainly be a few big names out the doors early on when he realises they're far too lazy to play under his style.

This is the kind of maneger, that the City-supporters would absolutely love, his passion his man manegement and his tactical nous. He would be an upgrade on Pelligrini and Mancini, in fact imo he is at a completely different level to both of them.

He would be the first truly top tier maneger at City, if he comes I would start to dream of winning the CL.

flb said:
City fans have always taken to a manager who wears his heart on his sleeve, in my era it was Reid, Horton and Mancini and bless him Pearce showed a bit of passion.

This guy is a mad twat that plays excellent football, bring it on !

I agree. All but the very young City fans probably have a 'favour the underdog' mentality, because we chose the less obvious team to support. (Choice is a poor word, but 'felt drawn to' if you like).

This guy's got that same aura... a battling underdog with spirit. But, although he's a bit mad professor, when you listen to him in interviews, he's very well considered, and fascinating to listen to. Other 'nutters' in football like Di Canio still come across a nutters in interviews, Klopp doesn't.

I'd be fine with Ancelotti too, as he's clearly a cut above what we've had before, but Klopp is just educated entertainment!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.