Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
This might belong in the FFP thread but....

Any manager coming in is going to want reassurances about FFP. Given the FFP 'mistake' last time around, an incoming manager might well be expecting more than just City's reassurance (only to discover we're not in the clear).

I'm wondering is this might also be a factor behind the scenes, that City need UEFA to step up and make it clear we are free of sanctions before we can promise any new manager the funds for the summer?

this is my take, if city don't go for Klopp it means we have MP for another year as i'd say we have a verbal deal to bring in a top manager for the 16/17 season, we wont replace MP with a quality manager 'who would sign a one year deal' and our owners feel that for PV to take over for a year would be out of his depth, so its either Klopp with a decent contract or MP for another season

sam-caddick said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Txiki is following the same path as Marwood, scapegoat for everything.

Begiristain offered Klopp the job when he first arrived and was turned down.

He has a decent relationship with the guy, having been a virtual ever-present visitor to the club when scouting Gotze and Reus.

There was absolutely no reason for what Klopp decided to do today, unless he felt it necessary to send a message or cede to a request.

So you see us going back in for Klopp the Tolm?

I really hope we get him.

Everything which has come out today seems to correlate perfectly with info that City were waiting on some politics playing out.

It is also pertinent to point out that Dortmund were at risk of losing Klopp's replacement to Hamburg only a few days ago I think?

One of Barca or Real will have a new manager next season, but I suspect City and Klopp are aligning at the right time.

A lot of managers being linked recently because of our shit form, Sabella is a weird one and I don't for one second believe what's being said. Jorge Jesus is an interesting link too though iirc he's a bit of an outspoken nutter. Ancelotti will be given the boot if Real with nothing and Guardiola's staying a year.

marco said:
this is my take, if city don't go for Klopp it means we have MP for another year as i'd say we have a verbal deal to bring in a top manager for the 16/17 season, we wont replace MP with a quality manager 'who would sign a one year deal' and our owners feel that for PV to take over for a year would be out of his depth, so its either Klopp with a decent contract or MP for anther season

If we keep Manuel we will not make top 4 next season and for one will be taking a season off.

Considering the resources at the club we aren't half doing a disgraceful job of maxing out our potential, the club is a mess at the moment.

Saying "If they choose Sabella over Klopp..." is pointless. Because there are two situations here:

Situation 1: Pep is coming in 2016, leaving managers like Pellegrini (retained), Sabella, Rafa or Vieira as candidates.

Situation 2: Pep isn't coming in 2016, leaving managers like Ancelotti, Klopp and those young ex-Barca players turned managers as candidates.

sam-caddick said:
marco said:
this is my take, if city don't go for Klopp it means we have MP for another year as i'd say we have a verbal deal to bring in a top manager for the 16/17 season, we wont replace MP with a quality manager 'who would sign a one year deal' and our owners feel that for PV to take over for a year would be out of his depth, so its either Klopp with a decent contract or MP for anther season

If we keep Manuel we will not make top 4 next season and for one will be taking a season off.

Considering the resources at the club we aren't half doing a disgraceful job of maxing out our potential, the club is a mess at the moment.

Stick your dummy back in

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sam-caddick said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Txiki is following the same path as Marwood, scapegoat for everything.

Begiristain offered Klopp the job when he first arrived and was turned down.

He has a decent relationship with the guy, having been a virtual ever-present visitor to the club when scouting Gotze and Reus.

There was absolutely no reason for what Klopp decided to do today, unless he felt it necessary to send a message or cede to a request.

So you see us going back in for Klopp the Tolm?

I really hope we get him.

Everything which has come out today seems to correlate perfectly with info that City were waiting on some politics playing out.

It is also pertinent to point out that Dortmund were at risk of losing Klopp's replacement to Hamburg only a few days ago I think?

One of Barca or Real will have a new manager next season, but I suspect City and Klopp are aligning at the right time.

Klopp said a while back that is next club will be in a country that he can speak the language so for now that leaves out Spain.

It's well known his next destination is England and for me we will have him if we want him, but what is going through Tiki's head is beyond me.

sam-caddick said:
marco said:

Not often I do this on here, but I'd really like you to shut the fuck up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.