Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
This is just absurd.

Guardiola if he ever does come will be here 3 years at most before he decides to do something else, maybe not even football related.
I don't want to be Barca MkII. See what happens to the real one when Messi hangs up his boots.

In addittion La Masia the Barca academy was set up way before Ferran and Txiki got involved with the club so can take no credit for Iniesta, Xavi, Messi et al.

Txiki bought Ronaldinho which was inspired granted but made lots of seriously bad purchases and Barca have done pretty wel with out our dynamic duo and for that matter Guardiola too.

After Barca Soriano, busines wonderboy took over Spanair. result...banruptcy.

Putting total faith in these guys is crazy.

certainly warming to the idea of Klopp and one things for sure there would be no downing tools or player mutiny with this guy ,TBH he's kind of scary

Damocles said:
nellyonthewing said:
There is an almost fanatical belief amongst many on here that our hierachy are the fount of all wisdom. This near religious doctrine that they are sitting on their golden thrones out thinking all comers is dangerously skewed.
Just try questioning their infallible strategic planning and you will be subjected to self righteous rage at your blasphemy.

Personally I think they may just have fucked up quite a bit this past year.

People who do not even understand the corporate structure at City should have absolutely no opinion on the corporate performance of them. People who don't understand what their job is should not have an opinion on what type of a job they have done. This isn't associated just with our Directors but with everything in the entire world.

Do you know what I think our hierarchy are? Talented individuals with a great track record of success in football, and a vision for how best to run a football business. The people who appointed them in Abu Dhabi and gave them carte blanche over the entire City brand and direction seem to agree. Speak to people who know a lot about how the Sheikhs in Abu Dhabi conduct their business and they'll all tell you the same in that their specific talent lies in identifying talent at an executive level then getting out of the way whilst these people run it long term.

What they don't do is hire a talented executive team with a great track record and a specific vision then sack them because we got beat by Crystal Palace and the squad needs a refresher.

I and others like me feel the need to defend them from unfair criticism, not because it is critical but because it is unfair. Because Txiki came along I had no idea how many people on this forum didn't understand the role of a Director of Football or what their actual job is as this is constantly a source of argument. Txiki Begiristain does the same job that Brian Marwood has always done for us at a much higher level than Marwood did. In terms of DoFs in the world he's the Lionel Messi. Ferran Soriano came in to take over the position left by Cook as the manager of the whole business. In terms of CEOs he's probably a Yaya Toure in that he has tremendous vision and ambition but has lead him down bad paths now and again.

If half the forum decided to start criticising Joe Hart because he wasn't scoring enough goals then he'd also be defended with equal vigour. I have yet to see, and obviously I read almost every post made on the forum as a moderator, a single intelligent post that correctly identifies what the relative positions and responsibilities of these people are and tells me why they're anything but a complete success in that role. I think I might have seen about three that contain legitimate criticism in a specific direction that is fair.

This single issue is by far the biggest misconception that we have on the forum to the point where the moderators actually had to split threads because so many people don't seem to understand who does what and were blaming Soriano when we got beat or Txiki when somebody had a bad game. I don't think I've ever seen anything like the myths surrounding their job performance like this on any internet site before.

Points well made and success at all the levels of the club are taken into account but part of Txiki's tenure rides on the success of the first team and his appointments and the ability of their appointments to achieve their targets which includes playing personnel as well.

All players must have targets , personal ones , collective ones , professional ones.

Targets are movable in fact and sometimes over a smaller portion of time for a variety of reasons but at the end of the day you are measured by those targets ( not goals as they are not targets don't confuse to two because sometimes they overlap and sometimes they are mutually exclusive ).

You can rightly criticise individuals that do not understand the roles and responsibilities of individuals at a organisation and defend them and your view on whether they are the Rolls Royce of DOF 's and CEO in the modern game of football a view which is hard to debate beyond subjective measures or inexact and conflicting boundaries in any case by any objective measure you choose to measure it by if you can find objectivity at all.

You will have trouble arguing your case if your decisions and the decisions based on those decisions fail to meet their targets often enough and fail to meet the expectation of your employers.

Even if Txiki was not solely responsible for our recruitment policy since he joined us in the eyes of his employers it would not necessarily follow that he not be held to account by his employers should that policy fail to meet the standard required.

robbieh said:
This is just absurd.

Guardiola if he ever does come will be here 3 years at most before he decides to do something else, maybe not even football related.
I don't want to be Barca MkII. See what happens to the real one when Messi hangs up his boots.

In addittion La Masia the Barca academy was set up way before Ferran and Txiki got involved with the club so can take no credit for Iniesta, Xavi, Messi et al.

Txiki bought Ronaldinho which was inspired granted but made lots of seriously bad purchases and Barca have done pretty wel with out our dynamic duo and for that matter Guardiola too.

So in your opinion Sheik Mansour, his advisors and Khaldoun are crazy?

Damocles said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Here's a thought-what if Klopp has spoken to someone above the barca lads and they aren't in the loop?

The chances of that are even less than us not speaking to Klopp at all.

The idea that the Director in charge of the entire footballing division and the person in charge of the entire company including all divisions not "being in the loop" is an incredibly ludicrous idea.

Not if he's not going to be around come June. Not saying this is the case,but I wouldn't discredit it just yet.

blueparrot said:
robbieh said:
This is just absurd.

So in your opinion Sheik Mansour, his advisors and Khaldoun are crazy?

lol, there sanity did cross my mind bunging all that cash into a football club miles from home ;-)

sam-caddick said:
dobobobo said:
sam-caddick said:
If we keep Manuel we will not make top 4 next season and for one will be taking a season off.

Considering the resources at the club we aren't half doing a disgraceful job of maxing out our potential, the club is a mess at the moment.

Not often I do this on here, but I'd really like you to shut the fuck up.

Hahaha, I will quieten down a little mate.

Thanks, in the meantime I recommend reading up on how other clubs like Malaga have treated fans in recent years:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19387975" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19387975</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.