Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Damocles said:
sam-caddick said:
BOOM

City Watch @City_Watch · 33m 33 minutes ago
.@DiMarzio: City ARE keen on Klopp with Ancelotti yet to answer and Bayern blocking Pep's exit. Klopp could go to Bayern if Pep joins City.

He's generally on the ball is DiMarzio when it comes to the big European clubs. If it was him who said it directly I'd certainly think it more possible than Jamie Jackson's bullshit.

I don't think Di Marzio has ever been wrong about City, his sources do indeed look top notch.

<a class="postlink" href="http://gianlucadimarzio.com/campionati-esteri/calcio-internazionale/rebus-klopp-tra-manchester-city-e-quella-soluzione-bayern-monaco-la-situazione/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://gianlucadimarzio.com/campionati- ... ituazione/</a>

"Market already in turmoil, but is not that of the players. Steals the show of the day (and the next few weeks, we're sure) Jurgen Klopp's Borussia Dortmund next divorced: parts that will say goodbye to the year-end, today the confirmation. Stay put? No way, word of the same German coach. In Italy could try again De Laurentiis because the profile like and an attempt had been made before the arrival of Rafa Benitez. But when Premier ahead, his dream has always been: direction ... Manchester City. Last year we tried it but United Klopp said no to 12 million gross (and 3 for the staff) from United for a promise made to Borussia (to continue another year). But now is the City that the window and ready to pounce on him: Ancelotti does not give answers and Guardiola seems stuck at Bayern. It seems, in fact. Because if Pep had to get out of the Champions prematurely might even break with the German club and take him to the first plane to Manchester: Beguiristain courting him for some time and the solution s'incastrerebbe to perfection. And in that case, the eye puzzle: Klopp may well in fact move to Bayern Monaco. Rebus coaches, Europe at attention. The market has begun."

Let the fun begin but I am still sticking by that he is the wrong fit, especially with our youngster being trained in possession football.

bluemoon98 said:
When I get home tomorrow (today) ;) I expect this to be 500 pages of welcome klopp ;).

Here comes the go to sleep comments :D

Well it is 00:43.

Ray78 said:
Let the fun begin but I am still sticking by that he is the wrong fit.

I think it would take him 12 - 18 months to get his ideas across and a team that plays his way but I do think he is a better fit than Ancelotti, who for me is a manager like Mourinho that needs an established ready to challenge team to to thrive, I am not convinced he is the right manager to overhaul an ageing team and build a new vibrant young team that also takes the academy into consideration.

Klopp's proven with young players and will blood the academy lads without second thought, long term I think that's what City want.

The likes of Lopes, Angelino and Barker would thrive under Klopp and his philosophy.

Damocles said:
FanchesterCity said:
Blue Hefner said:
Who are '@ city_watch'? Are they particularly reliable?

They're a wind-up which I find alarming.

They're not a wind up, they report news from all the major outlets about City and are a great Twitter account. I'm more concerned with others in the wind up stakes than them

wind up watch! you're getting tired!

sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:

I think it would take him 12 - 18 months to get his ideas across and a team that plays his way but I do think he is a better fit than Ancelotti, who for me is a manager like Mourinho that needs an established ready to challenge team to to thrive, I am not convinced he is the right manager to overhaul an ageing team and build a new vibrant young team that also takes the academy into consideration.

Klopp's proven with young players and will blood the academy lads without second thought, long term I think that's what City want.

The likes of Lopes, Angelino and Barker would thrive under Klopp and his philosophy.

He has a similar record in Pellegrini in bringing in youth players directly from the academy. The likes of Reus (admittedly he wasn't in charge when he was originally left their Academy), Hummels, Subotic were bought from other clubs ,Only Gotze and Sahin you would class as a pure youth team products. Pellegrini signed the likes of Isco, Cazorla. Godin, Rossi.

Ray78 said:
sam-caddick said:
Ray78 said:

He has a similar record in Pellegrini in bringing in youth players directly from the academy. The likes of Reus (admittedly he wasn't in charge when he was originally left their Academy), Hummels, Subotic were bought from other clubs ,Only Gotze and Sahin you would class as a pure youth team products.

Even bringing two through is an achievement, he developed Sahin into a player that won the best player in the Bundesliga I think and it resulted in him going on to becoming a Real Madrid player.

He helped develop Gotze into a world beater a very young age.

Even if we brought two through I would be buzzing.

His signings of the likes of Gundogan, Hummels, Kagawa, Lewandowski, the promotion of Schmelzer from Dortmund's second team etc.. all weren't seen as world beaters and he helped develop them into very good players, some world class.

I just think he has a better record of developing a new younger team than the likes of Ancelotti for example, who for me is a great manager but just not right for us at this moment in time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.