Discussion: Potential Pellegrini Replacements {merged}

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Wayne Veysey the former Goal guy who built a decent rep among City fans says Ancelotti is first choice, Klopp back-up choice. No mention of Pep.

sam-caddick said:
bugsyblue said:
Have I missed something? Why are people slating city? Have they officially ruled out Klopp?

Amy Lewis @SkySportsAmy · 1h 1 hour ago
Sources: Man City aren’t looking at Jurgen Klopp to become their next manager &, at this stage, have no plans to replace Manuel Pelligrini.

I think it's just your basic brief to the media to not destabilise the team with rumours whilst we are still in a battle for 4th.

If Manuel is here next season I think a lot on here will be holding Txiki out banners next season and ticket sales will be down.

It's not even that, it's just hedging her bets.

City would never brief such a statement and then include or even divulge a caveat, "and at this stage, have no plans to replace Pellegrini"

Liar.

dobobobo said:
sam-caddick said:
marco said:
this is my take, if city don't go for Klopp it means we have MP for another year as i'd say we have a verbal deal to bring in a top manager for the 16/17 season, we wont replace MP with a quality manager 'who would sign a one year deal' and our owners feel that for PV to take over for a year would be out of his depth, so its either Klopp with a decent contract or MP for anther season

If we keep Manuel we will not make top 4 next season and for one will be taking a season off.

Considering the resources at the club we aren't half doing a disgraceful job of maxing out our potential, the club is a mess at the moment.

Not often I do this on here, but I'd really like you to shut the fuck up.

Hahaha, I will quieten down a little mate.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sam-caddick said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Txiki is following the same path as Marwood, scapegoat for everything.

Begiristain offered Klopp the job when he first arrived and was turned down.

He has a decent relationship with the guy, having been a virtual ever-present visitor to the club when scouting Gotze and Reus.

There was absolutely no reason for what Klopp decided to do today, unless he felt it necessary to send a message or cede to a request.

So you see us going back in for Klopp the Tolm?

I really hope we get him.

Everything which has come out today seems to correlate perfectly with info that City were waiting on some politics playing out.

It is also pertinent to point out that Dortmund were at risk of losing Klopp's replacement to Hamburg only a few days ago I think?

One of Barca or Real will have a new manager next season, but I suspect City and Klopp are aligning at the right time.

Well I hope your right mate ..warming to the idea now

sam-caddick said:
dobobobo said:
sam-caddick said:
If we keep Manuel we will not make top 4 next season and for one will be taking a season off.

Considering the resources at the club we aren't half doing a disgraceful job of maxing out our potential, the club is a mess at the moment.

Not often I do this on here, but I'd really like you to shut the fuck up.

Hahaha, I will quieten down a little mate.

Alleluia

tolmie's hairdoo said:
sam-caddick said:
bugsyblue said:
Have I missed something? Why are people slating city? Have they officially ruled out Klopp?

Amy Lewis @SkySportsAmy · 1h 1 hour ago
Sources: Man City aren’t looking at Jurgen Klopp to become their next manager &, at this stage, have no plans to replace Manuel Pelligrini.

I think it's just your basic brief to the media to not destabilise the team with rumours whilst we are still in a battle for 4th.

If Manuel is here next season I think a lot on here will be holding Txiki out banners next season and ticket sales will be down.

It's not even that, it's just hedging her bets.

City would never brief such a statement and then include or even divulge a caveat, "and at this stage, have no plans to replace Pellegrini"

Liar.

theresachance.jpg

sam-caddick said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
sam-caddick said:
So you see us going back in for Klopp the Tolm?

I really hope we get him.

Everything which has come out today seems to correlate perfectly with info that City were waiting on some politics playing out.

It is also pertinent to point out that Dortmund were at risk of losing Klopp's replacement to Hamburg only a few days ago I think?

One of Barca or Real will have a new manager next season, but I suspect City and Klopp are aligning at the right time.

Klopp said a while back that is next club will be in a country that he can speak the language so for now that leaves out Spain.

It's well known his next destination is England and for me we will have him if we want him, but what is going through Tiki's head is beyond me.

Of course it's beyond you because as far as I know he hasn't told anybody whats going through his head apart from those above him.

Damocles said:
nellyonthewing said:
There is an almost fanatical belief amongst many on here that our hierachy are the fount of all wisdom. This near religious doctrine that they are sitting on their golden thrones out thinking all comers is dangerously skewed.
Just try questioning their infallible strategic planning and you will be subjected to self righteous rage at your blasphemy.

Personally I think they may just have fucked up quite a bit this past year.

People who do not even understand the corporate structure at City should have absolutely no opinion on the corporate performance of them. People who don't understand what their job is should not have an opinion on what type of a job they have done. This isn't associated just with our Directors but with everything in the entire world.

Do you know what I think our hierarchy are? Talented individuals with a great track record of success in football, and a vision for how best to run a football business. The people who appointed them in Abu Dhabi and gave them carte blanche over the entire City brand and direction seem to agree. Speak to people who know a lot about how the Sheikhs in Abu Dhabi conduct their business and they'll all tell you the same in that their specific talent lies in identifying talent at an executive level then getting out of the way whilst these people run it long term.

What they don't do is hire a talented executive team with a great track record and a specific vision then sack them because we got beat by Crystal Palace and the squad needs a refresher.

I and others like me feel the need to defend them from unfair criticism, not because it is critical but because it is unfair. Because Txiki came along I had no idea how many people on this forum didn't understand the role of a Director of Football or what their actual job is as this is constantly a source of argument. Txiki Begiristain does the same job that Brian Marwood has always done for us at a much higher level than Marwood did. In terms of DoFs in the world he's the Lionel Messi. Ferran Soriano came in to take over the position left by Cook as the manager of the whole business. In terms of CEOs he's probably a Yaya Toure in that he has tremendous vision and ambition but has lead him down bad paths now and again.

If half the forum decided to start criticising Joe Hart because he wasn't scoring enough goals then he'd also be defended with equal vigour. I have yet to see, and obviously I read almost every post made on the forum as a moderator, a single intelligent post that correctly identifies what the relative positions and responsibilities of these people are and tells me why they're anything but a complete success in that role. I think I might have seen about three that contain legitimate criticism in a specific direction that is fair.

This single issue is by far the biggest misconception that we have on the forum to the point where the moderators actually had to split threads because so many people don't seem to understand who does what and were blaming Soriano when we got beat or Txiki when somebody had a bad game. I don't think I've ever seen anything like the myths surrounding their job performance like this on any internet site before.

You can say all that, and you say it very well.... but, as part of that very talented team who operate on all manner of club activities - finance, PR, legal, recruitment etc etc, we have the football department. The football department's ultimate performance measure is results. Over a two year period, it's been 'ok'. Over a 4 month period it's been awful. I think it's probably fair to say we certainly haven't advanced.
We also have incredible talent on the pitch too, and yet, they too have under performed.

Great and capable staff can under perform.

You're right to highlight the issue with blame though. Unless you're intimately familiar with City's day to day running, it's hard to really identify who is slacking, and who is busting a gut. For all we know, we might lose a transfer target over a stupid delay or mistake in a contract from our legal department, and yet Txiki or Pellers would get the blame.

All of that said, heads of departments are ultimately responsible. A director of football has to take the blame when the direction of football is downwards.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.