Dispelling the 'extra Stoke Tickets' myth

akcity

I have been informed by MCFC that Stoke havent technically been given 2300 more tickets by the FA.

They are tickets that have been returned to them by the FA as they werent taken up by the 'FA Family' and Sponsors etc.

City had 200 such tickets returned and these were sold within our ticket sales. The fact that Stoke have chosen to sell their 'returns' after selling their allocation is simply their choice.

In essence, there are more City fans within the FA Family etc than there are Stoke - makes sense as we know that there are Blues everywhere, neutrals too will probably choose City over Joke any day.

That said - bring on the day, bring on the Roundabout and most of all - bring on a win!

It is a myth.

The FA have sold 2300 tickets to their 'family' who all stated that they support Man City. The Stoke tickets weren't shifting so they've sent them to Stoke to try to sell them.

I suppose the issue though is that we should have just had 2300 tickets extra each.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Bullshit, they've got 2300 on top of their quota, we haven't. No myth

obviously you dont understand what happened so i will try make it simple
the fa offer a certain ammount of tickets to what they call the fa family this is made up of grass root football fas these tickets are for both ends of the ground and the grass roots then inform the fa how many of each tickets they require obvioslt the demand for city was a lot higher than for stoke which resulted i 3200 stoke tickets not being required so the fa the reallocated these tickets to stoke so in reality they did get these on top of their quota but only because no one from thr football family wanted them<br /><br />-- Fri May 06, 2011 10:12 pm --<br /><br />i allso need spelling lessons lol

akcity said:
I have been informed by MCFC that Stoke havent technically been given 2300 more tickets by the FA.

They are tickets that have been returned to them by the FA as they werent taken up by the 'FA Family' and Sponsors etc.

City had 200 such tickets returned and these were sold within our ticket sales. The fact that Stoke have chosen to sell their 'returns' after selling their allocation is simply their choice.

In essence, there are more City fans within the FA Family etc than there are Stoke - makes sense as we know that there are Blues everywhere, neutrals too will probably choose City over Joke any day.

That said - bring on the day, bring on the Roundabout and most of all - bring on a win!

These 200 must have been the ones that the ticket office got at 9am on Wednesday morning, which meant I got a £115 ticket rather than the £45 one.

Looks like the FA allocated 50/50 to us and Stoke from this football family allocation (10k each??). When people from the various FA's have applied for tickets, they had to say whether they wanted them in the City or Stoke end. If City only got a couple of hundred returned then that just shows that the demand for our end was higher, and in theory the 50% of FA family tickets have been taken by blues or blue sympathisers?

if the seats had already been allocated within an end, and not in a neutral area, then it would not be possible to split the "extra" 2300 that Stoke have, as presumably they are for seats already allocated in the Stoke end.

That sounds plausible to me.

As a local referee at the time, I once got a cup final ticket for the 1983 cup final between the rags and Brighton through the local referees society. As it happened, the ticket I got was for the Brighton end. So if that's anything to go by, the "FA family" etc tickets go all over the show and not just neutral areas.

Nearly 30 years on mind you, things could well be very different now!

all the tickets we got today were catagory 1. £115 each. they were sold to people who have bought a season ticket for next year, and had not had one this year. ive managed to get one for my lady which im pleased about but the annoying thing is people who may never have been a stoke match before have today been able to buy an ST and get wembley ticket thrown in. the best seats in the ground by the way.

delilahsmith said:
all the tickets we got today were catagory 1. £115 each. they were sold to people who have bought a season ticket for next year, and had not had one this year. ive managed to get one for my lady which im pleased about but the annoying thing is people who may never have been a stoke match before have today been able to buy an ST and get wembley ticket thrown in. the best seats in the ground by the way.

This is football nowadays. Its completely wrong but clubs just cant stop themselves. We are virtually having to join compulsory cup scheme to get priority in the future.

The point being missed here is that the 'missing 2300' coudl have gone to 'loyal' mcfc fans through the loyalty scheme. As it is they have got into the hands of part timers who have 'pledged' their allegiance to City to no doubt only go and fleece a proper MCFC fan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.