Ditching Sky

Just a mild point of order...

Kodi is NOT really the tool streaming this stuff... it's the dodgy plugins for Kodi that are allowing that.
Kodi's getting a terrible reputation because of it, and an awful lot of people are buying 'Kodi boxes' without understanding that they are actually buying a cheap Android box, with Kodi added then a load of dodgy plugins added on top of that. The plugins are accessing some very dodgy internet streaming services that come and go in the blink of an eye.

Anyway - just clarifying that it's not actually 'Kodi' doing this stuff. Many of you will already understand that, but many won't.

Do you work for Kodi?

My sky bill is about to go from £45 a month to £123 a month, so as you can imagine i have been on the phone to cancel.

Can anyone PM me and recommend a setup for a box (not Kodi) which i can get all the sky channels, PPV etc without a massive monthly subscription. Ideally a one off payment for the kit and then just paying for my internet, phone line etc. Thanks

My sky bill is about to go from £45 a month to £123 a month, so as you can imagine i have been on the phone to cancel.

Can anyone PM me and recommend a setup for a box (not Kodi) which i can get all the sky channels, PPV etc without a massive monthly subscription. Ideally a one off payment for the kit and then just paying for my internet, phone line etc. Thanks

Go on the kodi thread all the info are on there and any questions will be answered.

Have a look at sat tech uk online.

Box is a one-off fee, then yearly subscription.

All sky channels including PPV.

I ditched Sky I was paying £104 a month, just got Virgin 100mb broadband £35 now, a recordable box and Amazon Fire TVs box.

Our Sky has gone now. I'm back to watching freeview and I have the firestick plugged in for whenever i want to watch something specific. I was only paying £24 for Sky on a deal, the standard rates are extortion and no way would i go back. I appreciate streaming is not the moral high ground but Sky is a Murdoch company and i have no sympathy at all for the £m's he will lose from those like me who find another way. He is a sh!t of the highest order.

Z Gemma box.can still record programmes etc too.just ordered one myself hopefully get it tomorrow or Friday.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.