Diversity complaints

Why absurd? It is doing just that. Do you think this has all not created division?

If you cannot see the absurdity of saying 'the BLM movement is making people racist' then there is no point having any kind of debate or discussion.

Some people are just a lost cause.

You're right it hasn't, the right wing seek to make it so.

BLM are trying to change mainstream public opinion, to gain wider acceptance that change is necessary, so they have to bring the campaign in to the mainstream, hence this dance routine, hence taking the knee at sporting events and so on.

Right wingers like this fella.....

Seek to prevent this. They don't want BLM to have broad acceptance, they pigeonhole it on every occasion.

RabidCity's post is a perfect example of this, almost a word perfect bot.

First it trivialises the issue with the word "moaning", then it sets out to catagorise and subvert BLM as a concern only for the "left brigade" and therefore of no concern for the great British public. Then it lumps the issue with all the other "perceived injustice" thereby losing its unique message, then it questions the sincerity of the BLM movement and the "faux outrage" thereby implying that the feelings expressed are not real, they are fake, the dance routine a sham, designed for media hoo-ha and not for us.

Then it ends with a justification of the "complaints" on the grounds that this routine was deliberately "provocative". It doesn't go in to any detail whatsoever as to what was provocative about it and who it provoked (as is the case in all dog whistles), but the use of the word "reactionary" leaves us in no doubt that RabidCity believes the provoked were the silent majority, who's sensibilities on this occasion were so offended, they broke their silence and were convulsed to reply!

Silent majority is right speak, it's a handy shorthand because being silent you can ascribe whatever you like to it, but there is one constant, in the west it always stands for white majority.

RabidCity's post is a perfect nugget of right wing shit.

Chapeau, that's a brilliant post.

You honestly think everyone sat watching that thought it was only directed at US police?

And lets be clear the huge majority of US police will be good people who never fire their weapon in their entire career. I'm not saying there aren't problems but they run much deeper than their police forces. Note how the murder of police officers over there, which is a frequent event, doesnt get any coverage-and note also the complete lack of national coverage today when an officer simply doing their job is set alight. Yet someone who was a passenger in a car (sic) that was stopped and its a media frenzy.,

33 days thats all I have to go and you know I honestly wonder if people in this country have any idea what police officers face-an officer commits suicide in this country every 2 weeks. It feels like a completely thankless job at the moment and that breaks my heart for all those left to do it.

My youngest is going off to uni on Sunday doing an English Language degree, currently he is leaning toward a career in the police. 10 years ago, even 5 I would have been delighted that he fancied a career in the police, I would have encouraged him but now I am not sure.

From what I see they seem to spend most of their time dealing with smack heads and piss heads and should they have to deal with a person of differing ethnicity by simply engaging with them put their careers on the line due to the almost inevitable accusations of racism. On top of this there is the chance that they may end up with a Chief constable like Cressida Dick. Take the Met for an example, how on earth can you Police a city like London with her and Khan giving out orders? How can you Police a country that allows an organisation that wants the abolition of the Police force, to run amok and completely ignore laws brought in to combat a pandemic killing thousands. and indeed a country that is prepared even in the worst of times to turn out in their 10s of thousands in support of that organisation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.