Diving in youth football

Almost all players can stay on their feet from a challenge but choose to go down. Its become so normal to watch you don't batter an eyelid anymore.

Watch some highlights from the late 90s and early 2000s you expect players to go down but stay on their feet.

Kids just copy what they see and this is the new normal. Football has become like basketball without us even realising it

Kids copy and they see it week in, week out and its rewarded.

Did the kids team also play in red?

This is a really difficult thing for refs to deal with. I can hardly recall any kids getting booked whilst playing youth football whilst watching my son even if some of them deserved it. Booking a girl for diving would be a tough thing to do. The best thing to hope for would be that information is shared between refs and the girl's card marked. She may not get some penalties that would be deserved but it would stop her diving so much.

Yep. And as mentioned by a couple of Semi-professional/Amateur referees on here, the abuse they get, is another hideous copyying by players of the pro's.

The rule on allowing a free kick to be moved forward by another 10 yards for disputing a foul was a good idea, if poorly implemented.
I'd say a 5-10min sin-bin for anyone other than a captain talking about/to the ref. Any complaints about Ref's decisions/conduct to be made in writing and in public, after the game, with the ref and assistants (and now also the VAR room), replies (either a rebuttal or mea culpa) also public.

I was going to do a course on being a ref, but thought if i was doing the mens league and getting abuse of players i dont think I would act calm and professional throughout it all.

it is sad kids are picking it up. We should follow rugby where only the captain can speak to the ref.

My daughter's club had a match yesterday. She plays U9. Before we get to girls playing football isnt acceptable or the women's game is crap, I have daughters. One plays football. It is what it is, as some say.

Most of these girls fight like hell to keep the ball, stay on their feet and keep going if there is any contact. All but one on the other team.

She has some skill, her dad attempts to coach her from the crowd I've noticed (we have played this team before.) Any time this girl had the ball in the box at the slightest bit of contact to her or a defender made contact with the ball at her feet she would drop like a bag of hammers.

It won her two penalty kicks but left me disgusted. Imo, and from what I have seen here many other people's, diving is a shit house tactic. It rubs me the wrong way to see parents and or coaches teaching kids that diving is an acceptable part of the game.

Was it a team from Bootle yer were playing?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.