Do any of our players have management potential?

NZBlue

Do we actually have a likely candidate?

Part of our identity is we have a group of players, moulded together to form a superb team. We don't seem to have a star the team revolves around, more a collection of talents. So many of our stars are really modest and in their own ways unassuming in their personalities, which may not really be ideal qualifications.

So do we have a future manager in the squad, or even the recent squad?

To my mind Vinny is an obvious candidate but I'm not convinced that is the direction he wants to go in.
Of our old boys Zabba maybe, Lampard has the credentials but I think we all know Chelsea is his real home. Paddy perhaps? Maybe we need to go further back, Uwe springs to mind but no real continuity.

Over to you. Let's have a few ideas

I can see Vinnie replacing Brian Marwood in that role.

1st team manager/coaches rarely have a long shelf life making succession planning more difficult as it needs to be the best person available for the role at the time - as the poster above said.

Arteta seems a strong possibility. If we're following the Barcelona model and prioritising a style over a big name then it will either be someone from within the club or someone we've maybemaybe of but who has been doing good work with a lower profile club. Whoever it is though, it will be hard to imagine they will replicate Guardiola's obsessive work ethic.

Arteta seems a strong possibility. If we're following the Barcelona model and prioritising a style over a big name then it will either be someone from within the club or someone we've maybemaybe of but who has been doing good work with a lower profile club. Whoever it is though, it will be hard to imagine they will replicate Guardiola's obsessive work ethic.
Only this unless he gets a very good offer from a big club, before pep leaves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.