Do any of our players have management potential?

What playing position generally makes the best managers - over the last 50 years say? Do midfielders have most success for example?

It's very difficult to predict which players will make good top level managers. Ability is, of course, no indicator and chest beating doesn't cut it.

A manager needs a unique mix of skills: first and foremost is general intelligence and judgement. Second is emotional intelligence and leadership skills.

Vinny looks the obvious choice but it's almost impossible to say whether someone like Bernado Silva or Kyle Walker might be the ones who eventually make it at the top of the game.
I’m going to go out on a limb and say no way Kyle Walker becomes a top class manager.

Vincent Kompany is a very clever bloke and a good leader. If I was taking a punt, I'd choose him. But often, the best managers have only had a moderate career as a player, and it's some special "X" factor that makes them a good manager. So very hard to predict. Many great players have been indifferent as managers.

As smart and articulate as he is, I could see Bernardo being very successful as either a manager or a pundit. Think potential managers would be Vinny, Fernandinho, and Gundogan from the current group. Could see Vinny, Gundogan, Stones as potential pundits.

Nobody knows. We don’t know the extent of the tactical knowledge that any of our players have.

For all we know as much as we think Kompany could be a good manager, Mahrez night have better tactical understanding.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.