Do city put buy out clauses on our players?

Markie07

It's been making me think lately that with all the press silva is getting it makes me worry we could have a barca/arsenal situation on our hands.

What i mean is other clubs coming in for our players like barca or who ever do we stick these buy out things in like they have with messi and co?

Markie07 said:
It's been making me think lately that with all the press silva is getting it makes me worry we could have a barca/arsenal situation on our hands.

What i mean is other clubs coming in for our players like barca or who ever do we stick these buy out things in like they have with messi and co?
No. In Spain, i think they MUST have a buy-out clause. Here, there's no such obligation. Could be wrong, but i think that's correct.

Markie07 said:

The buy out clause is that we can turn down any offer that comes in. Because we are the only team in the world that can afford to do so!

How good is that?!

Don't know if we have but id like to think we are smart enough to protect ourselves against such tactics employed by Barca.

If Iniesta or some twunt says "we would love x here we would make him at home" i would fly over and kneecap the bastards and rip their teeth out with pliers.

Cheers for the info you have out my mind at ease, i still think i have the mentality of city of old when we have a good player and we are just waiting for people to come and take them.

he may have one, simply by being spanish and it's culturally something their players are used to negotiating. Carlos Cuellar had a 8 million release clause in his contract (at his insistance) when he signed for Rangers for a couple of million, and Villa triggered the clause after 1 season. City are in a different situation, in that they have the financial clout to resist it, or at least make it prohibatively high if one did exist.

Yeah what is worrying me though if some one taps them up so they want to move ie barca/arsenal situation, so maybe we have to sell but if they looked at they had to pay a lets say 200mil buy out clause like cesc and messi have they would think twice of asking i think that was my main point not explained the right way :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.