Do English Players Lack The desire To Become The Best...?

BlueMoonz1977

Just thought I would get fellow Blues opinions on this one. I was at a family party over the weekend and whilst watching the City v Leeds game we got onto the discussion on foriegn players and our English counter-parts.

My brother-in-law is a rag fan, and he was on about shrek being world class etc...but my point on that was since shrek took Euro 2004 by storm and was leaving international defences trailing he has not really gone on to become what was expected.

The rags then signed tranny, who seemed to have the desire and willingness to want to become the best player in the world, when all shrek seemed happy to do was plod along playing well but that seemed to be it.

We do not see alot of our English players going abroad to try and extend their skills which i think is a shame - the only reason I can think of is the money in the EPL and familiar surroundings.

I am not saying that in order to become the best player in the world that you have to leave our league but it obviously does go some way towards wanting to prove yourself elsewhere.

I often what happened to Rooney as somewhere along the line he had his flair rung out of him and now looks good but he could of been great, back in 2004 when he was at Everton he looked like he could easily become one of the best. I think slurs hate for England made sure he ruined Rooneys natural flair

MSP said:
Why the hell would English players want to go abroad when they're playing in the big league and are very well paid.
To get better, test themselves, experience something a bit different, get a better tan etc

pee dubya said:
MSP said:
Why the hell would English players want to go abroad when they're playing in the big league and are very well paid.
To get better, test themselves, experience something a bit different, get a better tan etc

Like Spanish barcelona or Real Madrid players are testing themselves and experiencing something bit different moving to England?

It's easy for Ronaldo and Messi to move from Portugal and Argentina when they'd be paid peanuts at home for what they're able to make abroad, there's nothing connected to testing and experience with their moves..

I don't see any single reason why would Rooney move from one of World's best paid footballing jobs at United, in his home country and few miles from his parents home and go to Spain for ex. to play for similar or less money, far away from home, with language barrier etc, etc..

I'd never change club, let alone country, if I'd be paid millions just to earn million more per year. That's why rag players don't move s long as they are wanted there. They play in big club, earning big money, competing for trophies, lot of them are rags since they were kids, half of country and Asia is w@nking on them... why would they change that comfort for bit of more money and some romantic stuff.

I think our culture is wrong. English kids bar a few (Milner) get bored easily and end up spending money on flash cars and champagne

MSP said:
pee dubya said:
MSP said:

Like Spanish barcelona or Real Madrid players are testing themselves and experiencing something bit different moving to England?

It's easy for Ronaldo and Messi to move from Portugal and Argentina when they'd be paid peanuts at home for what they're able to make abroad, there's nothing connected to testing and experience with their moves..

I don't see any single reason why would Rooney move from one of World's best paid footballing jobs at United, in his home country and few miles from his parents home and go to Spain for ex. to play for similar or less money, far away from home, with language barrier etc, etc..

I'd never change club, let alone country, if I'd be paid millions just to earn million more per year. That's why rag players don't move s long as they are wanted there. They play in big club, earning big money, competing for trophies, lot of them are rags since they were kids, half of country and Asia is w@nking on them... why would they change that comfort for bit of more money and some romantic stuff.
But its not just about those top players, its the general culture. British players as a whole must be the least exported set of pros in the World. Given a choice of playing and training under Tony Pulis or moving to Spanish football..I know what I'd do, even if it'd mean a few k a week less.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.