Do I have a case?

yatesy94

Not expecting a sympathetic response here but here it goes:

At the start of the season I purchased a platinum seasoncard(Young Persons I'm 17). After a few months I lost my original card so I went to the ticket office next to the City Store and considering it was my first time losing it they re-issued me with a new one. Admittedly I'm a bit careless and a bit of a numpty but I misplaced my second season card a few weeks later and am still non the wiser to where that one might be. Recently I found my original seasoncard and every time I try to go into my turnstile the slot flashes red, now it's a little time consuming but now before every game I have to give my card to one of the 'Help' staff (guys with the fluorescent jackets and PDA's) and they enter in some code and then usually that allows me to gain access.

Well today I expected to go through the same routine but was told by them that I had to go the ticket office and they'd sort my ticket out for me so I could get in free of charge. So...I lined up for about 45minutes only to be told from some lady who clearly couldn't give a toss that I wasn't allowed in because of security issues. I protested my innocence by providing information about myself, supporter number, other games I've paid for etc but she just flat out just would not let me in after about 10 minutes of persistently and politely asking if she could just go out of her way to maybe just issue me with a paper ticket considering the occasion but eventually gave in. Really pissed me off after travelling on a bus all the way from Walkden (About an 1hour + 20mins drive) that I wasn't allowed in.
I'm paying for the cup scheme so I really don't see what the issue is I'm going to be ringing up City tomorrow and asking for a refund...don't know if it will get me anywhere but it's worth a try I guess.

I might sound like I'm just moaning for the sake of it but this really aggravated me, would it be so hard to reactivate my old card or perhaps at the bare minimal just issue me with a paper match day card??

you have every right to be fucked off. you paid for a seat and they should let you in

bobmcfc said:
you have every right to be fucked off. you paid for a seat and they should let you in

Thought I may as well watch it on the big screen in City square and make the most of a pretty shite situation, but was then told they weren't allowed to show the game! Overall pretty dire day in all honesty.

yatesy94 said:

At the start of the season I purchased a platinum seasoncard(Young Persons I'm 17). After a few months I lost my original card so I went to the ticket office next to the City Store and considering it was my first time losing it they re-issued me with a new one. Admittedly I'm a bit careless and a bit of a numpty but I misplaced my second season card a few weeks later and am still non the wiser to where that one might be. Recently I found my original seasoncard and every time I try to go into my turnstile the slot flashes red, now it's a little time consuming but now before every game I have to give my card to one of the 'Help' staff (guys with the fluorescent jackets and PDA's) and they enter in some code and then usually that allows me to gain access.

Well today I expected to go through the same routine but was told by them that I had to go the ticket office and they'd sort my ticket out for me so I could get in free of charge. So...I lined up for about 45minutes only to be told from some lady who clearly couldn't give a toss that I wasn't allowed in because of security issues. I protested my innocence by providing information about myself, supporter number, other games I've paid for etc but she just flat out just would not let me in after about 10 minutes of persistently and politely asking if she could just go out of her way to maybe just issue me with a paper ticket considering the occasion but eventually gave in. Really pissed me off after travelling on a bus all the way from Walkden (About an 1hour + 20mins drive) that I wasn't allowed in.
I'm paying for the cup scheme so I really don't see what the issue is I'm going to be ringing up City tomorrow and asking for a refund...don't know if it will get me anywhere but it's worth a try I guess.

I might sound like I'm just moaning for the sake of it but this really aggravated me, would it be so hard to reactivate my old card or perhaps at the bare minimal just issue me with a paper match day card??
come on mate if everybody lost their card twice we'd all be F....D its not like they have now't to do match days sorry

Cadishead blue said:
yatesy94 said:

come on mate if everybody lost their card twice we'd all be F....D its not like they have now't to do match days sorry

why open the ticket office on matchdays if they wern't prepared to deal with things like this. he had his old season card on him and they could have got his details up and not be a bunch of wankers

bobmcfc said:
Cadishead blue said:
yatesy94 said:

why open the ticket office on matchdays if they wern't prepared to deal with things like this. he had his old season card on him and they could have got his details up and not be a bunch of wankers

+1, just sounds like the person who's job it is to help just couldn't really be arsed! wouldn't hope for anything tbh, but well worth trying!

Police orders-nowt to do with tkt office-pda guys not even issued with master cards

If I've read the OP right, you have lost your first card and had it replaced. Therefore, surely, that first card would have been cancelled which is why it won't work. When you get to the gate now, the steward at the gate won't realise that this is a card that has since been cancelled and this is why you have the usual shenanigans trying to get in. Think about it, if you've lost your first card and had another, you wouldn't be able to use both would you?

I suggest you contact the ticket office and say you've found the original card and lost the second one and can the first one be reactivated. That way you should be ok. I daresay you might get a lecture or even be charged, but at least you'll be sorted for the rest of the season.

By the way, today, with the increased security etc, the TO might have thought you were trying it on having been issued with another card. You could potentially have given the new card to someone (Indeed depending where you lost it, someone might even have used it) and then tried to get in on the original one too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.