Do i need planning permission..

rushts

If Man is 5, and the Devil is 6, then God is 7.
to build a shed that will be attached to the side of my house?

I'm hoping to convert my in-built garage into a downstairs room. To do this i will need to build a garage/shed onto the side of my house to transfer all the stuff into. I have seen the flimsy sheds for sale on ebay and it would break my heart to spend good money on that shite when i know i could build a better/stronger one myself. (On a concrete base and 3x2 framed).

Planning wise, can i build a lean-to shed that will be bolted on to the house? Or will i need permission?

Thanks

to build a shed that will be attached to the side of my house?

I'm hoping to convert my in-built garage into a downstairs room. To do this i will need to build a garage/shed onto the side of my house to transfer all the stuff into. I have seen the flimsy sheds for sale on ebay and it would break my heart to spend good money on that shite when i know i could build a better/stronger one myself. (On a concrete base and 3x2 framed).

Planning wise, can i build a lean-to shed that will be bolted on to the house? Or will i need permission?

Thanks

Call the Planning Dept at your local Council. They should be able to give you an idea based on size of the lean-to, location, size and type of windows, degree of pitch etc.. I think it unlikely you will need planning permission or a cert of lawful development. Re the garage, you may well need to submit plans for building control.

I am having an extension built and a total refurb. The Council are charging me £350 just to inspect the downstairs toilet that is going to be built. My full plans submission to building control cost £1100 (in addition to the toilet inspection cost).

am having an extension built and a total refurb. The Council are charging me £350 just to inspect the downstairs toilet that is going to be built. My full plans submission to building control cost £1100 (in addition to the toilet inspection cost).

In these days of austerity, they constantly seek more innovative ways to rip the punter off.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.