Do I need to tell my car insurance?

gazhinio

Basically, got my renewal from Admiral for my car insurance and it was shit!
So, I went online and online and saved shit loads : )
I just wanted to know if I need to tell Admiral of this fact?
Done this loads of times before, but my brains not working today!!!

Tell them of the quotes you got mate, they will surely have a way to find out about these. I do it with phone contracts and leccy/gas companies and they are always aware of other companies offers which they have due to competition.

Tell them your going for the cheaper ones unless they can beat it, see what they say.

Feed-The-Goat said:
Tell them of the quotes you got mate, they will surely have a way to find out about these. I do it with phone contracts and leccy/gas companies and they are always aware of other companies offers which they have due to competition.

Tell them your going for the cheaper ones unless they can beat it, see what they say.

Already changed mate coz I hate doing shit like this over the phone!
I just want to know if I have to let Admiral know, or do the new insurance company let them know????

Got my renewal and rang them to take my 25 yr old son off the policy. The renewal was for £1,950 so thought it would come down to about £600-700. They quoted me £1,115 however, which I thought was outrageous.

So I checked on-line and could get equivalent cover for just less than half that. Told Churchill so they said they'd look at it again but couldn't come down from the original price. So I took out the new policy instead of renewing.

If your policy is set to auto-renew then you definitely need to tell them to cancel it.

You need to let them know mate, if you pay by direct debit it may automatically renewal, they may also need proof of no claims bonus.

As others have said, most insurance companies are opt out, but I just renewed with sheilas wheels and it wasn't, which was a bonus as I also hate sorting car insurance issues over the phone.

Phoned them and cancelled.
Glad I did becuase I needed too lol
Thanks for the advice once again bm!
I love you all!!!!

gazhinio said:

I recieved a car renewal quote from Lloyds TSB that i considered too high at around £800 , and i rang them and told them no way was i renewing ..... then i immediately so i went on moneysupermarket,com and took out a policy with Liverpool Victoria for around £350 a year less.

Lloyds TSB then cancelled my policy , my payments , and sent me proof of no claims.

So YES ... if you've no intention of renewing TELL your insurance companyl!

black mamba said:
gazhinio said:

I recieved a car renewal quote from Lloyds TSB that i considered too high at around £800 , and i rang them and told them no way was i renewing ..... then i immediately so i went on moneysupermarket,com and took out a policy with Liverpool Victoria for around £350 a year less.

Lloyds TSB then cancelled my policy , my payments , and sent me proof of no claims.

So YES ... if you've no intention of renewing TELL your insurance companyl!

Please keep up young man!! (read above)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.