Do not loan out Diaz and Foden

Whilst FI has congratulated you for the effort you’ve put in I believe your Primary goal is not correct.
The primary aim should to be to develop all of the players within the Academy so they are able to pursue their dreams of becoming professional footballers.
From that we may get the odd one who plays for this City team.

Tbh that's the excuse we now make for it.

The obiective was to produce players for the first team, which it probably has but we seem to have added the clause 'as good as Sergio Aguero' which has moved the goalposts somewhat.

I'm hoping to see Foden get about 10 starts and another 15 sub appearances across all competitions. I would genuinely like to see Brahim get about 5 starts and 10-15 sub appearances (IMO we're more set up front than we are in midfield). There's no reason these two shouldn't be starting in the league cup, or the FA cup if we get a lower level opponent, or home PL games against relegation fodder (not every time, but playing one of them with the rest of the squad should be fine).

If we are anywhere near where we were last season, we will be good enough to enjoy the luxury of giving young players some decent playing time.

We could have done it last season without any problem but most of the best kids were away on loan & the remainder a bit young. We did actually get through an away leg in the cup whilst using several.

No excuses now.
Oh I absolutely agree.

We're not talking about dropping Silva and De Bruyne full time here. It's a case of 10-15 starts for them next season for me. Ideally growing to 20-25 the season after when Silva winds down

Oh I absolutely agree.

We're not talking about dropping Silva and De Bruyne full time here. It's a case of 10-15 starts for them next season for me. Ideally growing to 20-25 the season after when Silva winds down
you really think this will happen?

They may get game time earlier than we expected with the enforced post World Cup rest for so many players.

Oh I absolutely agree.

Tbh I don't care if Diaz or Foden don't start a single Prem game, provided they are given the opportunity of decent time on the pitch, amongst first team players & rewarded if they do well.

It's also upto them to prove they are ready for it. If they can't make an impression they can't expect to be treated the same as top players.

But if they come on & look as good or better than some of the senior players, they should then get an increase in playing time & if that results in the end, in a 'big' player seeing his arse, sell him, play them instead.

you really think this will happen?
I don't know if it will but I think it could happen. Why shouldn't it? They prove themselves in a couple of starts and then it becomes easier to play them. How many did zinchenko start? Seems like a decent lad but not on the level of these two

Tbh I don't care if Diaz or Foden don't start a single Prem game, provided they are given the opportunity of decent time on the pitch, amongst first team players & rewarded if they do well.

It's also upto them to prove they are ready for it. If they can't make an impression they can't expect to be treated the same as top players.

But if they come on & look as good or better than some of the senior players, they should then get an increase in playing time & if that results in the end, in a 'big' player seeing his arse, sell him, play them instead.
It's almost a snowball effect - play well, get confidence, get a start, get more confidence, play again, etc.

There will be some big players who have their noses put out of joint by new players - either nnew signings or kids coming through. Exactly how it should be

No you’re wrong
MCFC is about winning trophies and making money, not ensuring some needy folk can say they saw a fourteen year old become a superstar.
I’m sure we’d all like it, but I much prefer seeing us win and keeping our stars than losing and seeing them leave to pay the debts.
Everyone can agree that the aim of MCFC is winning trophies (and the Directors would add making money into the bargain), but you haven't said what you think the Academy's aims should be. What do you think they are, and what would you like them to be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.