Do the fans give Pep and his team enough respect?

I’d say definitely not.

There’s been many posts about why we behave the way we do and my conclusions are...

1. It’s up to the individual
2. I’ll never understand

“Is there a fire drill?” is the only song we have no comeback for.

I get why people might leave with 5 minutes or so to go when the result is decided, but I will never get why some people:

• leave religiously at the same minute of every match (e.g. 87 minutes) even when the match is in the balance; or
  • leave as early as the 80th minute week in week out.
The usual response to this type of comment is "each to their own". I just think it's bad manners as it causes inconvenience to others.

Luckily I don't sit on a row where people leave early routinely, and nor do I sit behind a row where people usually leave early (people arriving after KO is a different matter). It would piss me off royally if I had my view blocked just as the winner/equaliser was going in.

It certainly did, when I was a youngster near the front of the Platt Lane in the mid-60s there was usually a sizeable number of people who streamed towards the corner exit from about 80-85mins, regardless of the match situation, and often blocking my view.
So true. City fans have always left before the end and arrived as late as possible. This has been the case since I started going in 1968. It has never born any relation to the performance on the pitch. At Maine Road the departure of the invalid carriages about 10 minutes from the end was a signal for the rest of the crowd to start leaving.
I remember the first time I went to Anfield in 1974 and I arrived an hour early (a good idea in those days to avoid being battered) and the stadium was virtually full. I remember thinking then of the Liverpool fans: "What a bunch of dickheads."
City fans have never been as cultish as some of the "fake passion fanboys" you see at places like Anfield. With those sort of fans everything they do is "all about them." As it happens I always stay to the end but I have no major problems with those that don't (unless they obstruct my view of the pitch).

5L717Y8WQ5ytb6A3A
5L717Y8WQ5ytb6A3A
https://images.app.goo.gl/5L717Y8WQ5ytb6A3A[/IMG]

Strange isn't it? Very few people will leave a concert early or a play. They clap and cheer and only then leave. They have the same transport problems and yet they stay. Probably the same people who leave early from football games.
Whilst I get the analogy, it's not really the same, is it? You (normally) wouldn't go to see the same act/play 19 times at the same venue in under a year, plus the team don't leave the 'stage' 10 mins before the end so that you can clap and cheer and 'convince' them to do the encore they already had planned

i have been going to football games for 50 years and people leaving early is not a new thing, and every game people want to get a jump on the traffic and will leave even if its 0.0 they still will leave and i think i have the answer

don't open the leaving gates about 10 minutes from the end ?? make it known they will be closed until the final whistle unless you need to leave then you can be let out, stop giving the fans the option of leaving early that's the only way it stops
Or put a machine in that you have to run your ticket through. Lose points on your loyalty cards or don't get preferential treatment when the big games come around

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.