Do the french have a word for loyalty?

simonk

just read the following:Meanwhile, 31-year-old Pompey centre back Sylvain Distin has insisted he will be joining the Fratton Park exodus.

He said: 'I am not in contact with any other club. I am thinking about staying at Pompey to the end of the season. These rumours are rubbish.'
(source Daily Mail On line via NewsNow)

its nice to see such a strong statement of loyalty from the lad. That said, Pompey look like a sinking ship at the moment. And Adams doesnt come across as the man to save it

Any difference to Owen, or Heskey?

Having said that I don't know why anyone should be expected to do anything more than play to the best of their ability for the duration of their contract.

Clubs are only too quick to get rid of players at the end of their contracts, so I have no problem with players looking out for themselves.

Of course if Distin is contracted beyond the end of this season his words are a disgrace.

Oh, I actually misread that as he was thinking of staying beyond the end of the season, which would be fine.

But as that quote doesn't say that, I agree with you.

Loyaute or fidelite, (can't get the bloody accents on these words, bugger) apparently. Distin is the model of a modern professional. He played to full capacity the season he left but at the end I felt he thought we were a sinking ship, just as he sees Pompey at present, and he's going to look after himself and his family. Wonder if he's on Hughes's radar. Would have him back on the left. Would resume the perfect partnership with Dickie Dunne, Micah and PabZab. That would be a good mix of a back four. Would find the confidence returning to Dunne and Richards.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Loyaute or fidelite, (can't get the bloody accents on these words, bugger) apparently. Distin is the model of a modern professional. He played to full capacity the season he left but at the end I felt he thought we were a sinking ship, just as he sees Pompey at present, and he's going to look after himself and his family. Wonder if he's on Hughes's radar. Would have him back on the left. Would resume the perfect partnership with Dickie Dunne, Micah and PabZab. That would be a good mix of a back four. Would find the confidence returning to Dunne and Richards.

Not sure it would be a popular move with the fanbase and he isn't getting any younger.

its easy to get on my high horse sometimes, as I spose they are lads doing a job, and would we do it any differently - but he strikes me as pure mercenary. We got him because we offered more money to him personally than newcastle did. Then he ran his contract down, we didnt get a fee and he gets a big wage, and now despite the fact hes contracted for another 18 months, hes saying hes thinking about staying to the end of the season.

We was a good player and always put in a full shift for us, but he sullied the experience for me

hate%20to%20french.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.