Do the soccer.

Stuuuuuu said:
Fucking QUARTERS!?

Advertising: ruining football since 2015.

Many years ago, Mrs Vienna went to watch her friends' then-14 year-old son playing football (soccer) in Maryland.

Every 15 minutes, they had a time-out 'because they're growing lads'.

Only in America!

I remember for the world cup in '94 they wanted expandable nets which could be extended out by a foot each side for extra time. What next, multiball? Half a goal awarded for hitting the woodwork?

But they've been doing it for years, taking our sports and jazzing them up. Rounders, netball, rugby...

Not saying that I'm supporting the soccerisation agenda, but there have been a number of changes over the years. Once upon a time...
Goals didnt have crossbars
Goals didnt have nets
There were no substitutes
There were no floodlights
The referee used to stand on the side of the pitch with the main job being to keep time
Offside rule was three players (goalie and two defenders)
There were no penalties
When penalties were introduced there wasn't a spot but a 12 yard line and you took it from the line
The six yard box used to be a semi circle
Players were booked with names written in a book by the ref

But United were still scum

TheBlueDune said:
Not saying that I'm supporting the soccerisation agenda, but there have been a number of changes over the years. Once upon a time...
Goals didnt have nets
The referee used to stand on the side of the pitch with the main job being to keep time
There were no penalties
When penalties were introduced there wasn't a spot but a 12 yard line and you took it from the line

I'm glad you got the last part in

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
TheBlueDune said:
Goals didnt have nets
There were no penalties

I'm glad you got the last part in

Always will be!

TheBlueDune said:
Goals didnt have nets
There were no penalties

Well said.

TheBlueDune said:
Goals didnt have nets
There were no penalties

True, but those changes were for the good of the game. Having quarters is about worsening the game for money.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.