Do Tourists ruin sight seeing trips ?

A lot of tourists seem, to me at least, not in the slightest bit arsed what they’re looking at...they just know it’s famous so want a picture with it.

Don’t get me started on these twats who chip off stalagmites and stuff

I went to Auschwitz and the guide was speaking about how food was sparse and people were dying slowly from starvation. One woman got a fucking baguette out of her handbag and started eating it. I shit you not. The group and guide couldn’t believe what we were seeing. Incredible. He bollocked her and she soon put it away but what the fuck is going through some people’s minds. I think she thought it was like Disneyland or something. Weird.

Tourists are basically just scum wherever they are and I'm sick of this endless myth about tourism ''supporting the economy'' of many tourists hotspots.

The only people who really benefit from the income from tourism are the very small number of business owners who's businesses directly cater for said tourists.

For everyone else tourism just means a few crappy part time, minimum wage, seasonal jobs usually providing little more than pocket money for students and semi-retirees whilst everyone has to put up with the social and economic damage that tourists and tourism bring to an area.
Everyone’s a tourist at some point in their lives

I went to Auschwitz and the guide was speaking about how food was sparse and people were dying slowly from starvation. One woman got a fucking baguette out of her handbag and started eating it. I shit you not. The group and guide couldn’t believe what we were seeing. Incredible. He bollocked her and she soon put it away but what the fuck is going through some people’s minds. I think she thought it was like Disneyland or something. Weird.
Now I don’t want to stereotype but American?

I’ve not seen a lot around the world as I know that the sights are overcrowded and that can turn me violent(ish) but I have to work in London quite a bit and if that is anything to go by I’ve made the right choice to avoid.

Me mam likes going on cruises but I couldn’t think of anything worse, being told what to do when to do it, and you can only do it at the same time as 2000 other people

I don't mind tourists generally, but dislike the yobbish stag do lads, that do nothing but drink, are loud, unfunny, and piss in fountains.

Anyone ever been to london and visited parliament just to see it and the tower of london, or St Pauls and not to pray.

Well then you're a tourist and a sightseer

Only real cunts in travel are:

sex tourist

I mean who travels the world and insists on shagging a brass as part of the experience? Sad fuckers

And backpackers paying £1 to live in a shack because they think that immerses them in local culture.. Fuck off.

he's probably geograhically closer to paris than blackpool
Sadly you’re right. I’ve just checked how close I am to Paris (recently exiled to London) vs Blackpool.

I may as well book a trip over and become another number staring at a massive bit of metal.

Wherever I go I try to blend in and not look like a tourist. Top Tip. Dressing as a Russian Cossack in Moscow doesn’t really work.

When I went, we had an American on his own in our tour group, he would not stop asking inane questions unrelated to Auschwitz. Went from Kraków which is a decent 1-2 hour minibus journey and he spent the entirety of it speaking to the person in charge about bloody lunch! was lunch included, the times of lunch, how long it lasts etc the guides broken English coupled with his strong accent lead to him just repeating the same stuff over and over as they both struggled to understand one another. We thought it would stop when we got there, nope, whilst they’re getting you all geared up with the headsets and running you through the rules etc he was still asking other people about lunch. As revenge I lead the entire minibus in quizzing him for 90 minutes on his lunch and plans for tea when we got back

Also, the amount of people trying to take photos in the rooms that explicitly say no photography was ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.