Do we actually have a transfer strategy?

There were and are better options than JFS and Otto. Otamendi was never a great defender, in 5 seasons with us, he had one outstanding season, that apart he was always likely to mess up at least once a match. At our level that is unacceptable.
There are and always will be better options than players who are not your very best. This doesn't mean they aren't good enough.

Otamendi has started on every team he has ended up at. He is a starter at any level.

There were and are better options than JFS and Otto. Otamendi was never a great defender, in 5 seasons with us, he had one outstanding season, that apart he was always likely to mess up at least once a match. At our level that is unacceptable.

And 3 premier league winners medals, while he isn't world class he has been a very good defender for us.

Bernardo played pretty often. Cancelo barely gets a game.... Mahrez too was unnecessary signing especially for £60m. We weren't exactly struggling with our forward options.

Hmmm. You must be aware that there's been a lot of "concern" expressed about our being "clinical"?

We signed Mahrez for that EXACT reason. I think to act like he's a flop is going to be something to regret and he's already showed his quality late last season, and of late as a parntership on the right with Kev.

Laporte, Oto, Stones, Dihno, Garcia, etc was a good stable of CB. You'd be hard pressed to find many better. Unfortunenately, Laporte the best of them got injured. Same will happen to Pool if Van Dyke got injured. Or Pique at Barca. etc.

Would I be excited if we got Koulibaly and had 2 studs at CB? Absolutely. But look around, almost no team has 2 WC CBs. It's not the norm.

I hope we become one of the ones that do. But I won't pretend it's the norm. We had 2 CBs get injured. One of what was World Class. That's hard to survive unless you are lucky

If you look at teams that took points from City this season, I am sure you can't say " We need to buy another WC CB"

(Wolves, United, Newcastle, Norwich & Spurs) Did any of these teams have better set of CBs than City ?

I think fullbacks are a must this summer

That bell warnock just been on sky saying wolves owners are richer than us?
Can anyone confirm this?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.