Do we actually need international football anymore ...?

halfcenturyup

With the vast improvement in club football in the major leagues in the last couple of decades, the success of the Champions League (which we can argue shows the best football anywhere, at least in the knock-out stages) and now the World Club Championship starting to take some shape, what is the point of international football? When I was young, it was a national pride thing, but is that still relevant? 11 strangers playing in a team will never be as trained and disciplined club football, and we all know what a disaster (except financially for FIFA) the World Cups are these days.

Would any of you miss international football if there wasn't any?

Discuss.

Pre WC I was a kid in a sweet shop about how great it was going to be for us.
Post WC I would be more than happy if the England team was no more. Shocking performance by a group of shite, overpaid twats who embarrassed the 3 lions etched onto their shirts. So no, I would say international football is dead.

No. It's just utterly boring. It will be even worse if the papers have it right and Rednapp and Beckham team up for England. Christ almighty, Sky, the papers and Talkshite just won't have enough hours in the day to cover it!

As long as its in the summer and doesn't interfere with City then it can stay. The second they decide to interrupt everyone's domestic season in order to host a World Cup in the middle of the fucking desert they will soon realise from the backlash just how utterly irrelevant international football has now become.

malg said:
No. It's just utterly boring. It will be even worse if the papers have it right and Rednapp and Beckham team up for England. Christ almighty, Sky, the papers and Talkshite just won't have enough hours in the day to cover it!

Murdoch will invent more time

Yes.

Just because England fans are disillusioned with their own team failing to live up to the hype of the Golden Generation™, doesn't mean that the rest of the World feels the same way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.