Do we play good football?

WallyA

When Pep came in I didn't really expect us to win anything this year, because I saw it as a transition, and that it would be difficult to play the beautiful style he is known for.

At the start of the season we saw it developing, but then he changed to 3 at the back, which even Kevin later remarked was a mistake because Pep wanted to experiment and push the limits, but the team wasn't ready for that.

Throughout the season, many people have mentioned, and noticed, that Pep has adapted his style to the premier league, but I'm not sure if we look better now than we did at the start of the season (maybe that was some weird honeymoon period where everyone was clicking with their passes I'm not sure). I wonder if he has veered too much off his original plan for us.

Currently though, I'm not sure If I've enjoyed the way we have played the past 2-3 months and I can't quite point my finger as to why. I am not against the increased counter attack football (which apparently City are the best in the league at), but I haven't seen enough progression of this fluid football.

This isn't a rant about Pep, more curious on other's feelings on the subject on our progression (which is a weird one).

2017 - bar the Monaco home game - has been absolute bobbins overall.

September 2016 until the New Year was pretty decent in spells.

Against Bucharest away, United away, Barcelona home, Gladbach home and Everton home first half, all were games in which I don't think I have seen City play better football.

I said a few weeks back that I don't actually find us that good to watch. I think we're boring, and predictable, very much like last season. I'm sure next season will be better.

I said a few weeks back that I don't actually find us that good to watch. I think we're boring, and predictable, very much like last season. I'm sure next season will be better.
Bar the very odd time it's been sleep inducing at times. Next season has to be better in more ways than one.

no, but we will. There's just a lack of impetus, tempo, brave forward passing between the lines, cutting through balls and real pace to the play. To pull teams out we need to be moving the ball really quickly, with quick runs in the vacant channels and switching it on a dime. I hope Pep remedies this with the new signings, but the whole style at the moment feels like a patch-up, with very little Pep within it.

Today we played balls over the top. Today we took shots from distance. Today we played through balls in close to net. It didn't work. But the reason I think we didn't score more is that our break let us down.

I thought we tried to play less possession football and more direct today. But credit to Boro for stifling us. They were up for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.